You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Will 2019 throw up a Karnataka kind of situation?

There is now huge speculation in the media that there will be a big churning in 2019.

While many give Modi more points, there are many writers who feel that his non-performance in terms of not creating new jobs, will simply eat him up, and he will end up somewhere near the majority but fall short by forty seats.

This gap has to be filled up by the likes of DMK party, the TMC or some other outfit and since there is no guarantee they will support Modi, there is a likelihood of political instability.

If the congress comes back with a fairly large number of seats, will it be able to win all the support from the regional parties remains to be seen. The entire South is unlikely to support the BJP and only a few seats in Karnataka will go their way. This is exactly what the experts say.

What do members say? Is Modi really in that sort of situation? Can he bounce back, based on his record? What are the bright spots of his performance, anyway?
    I am not of that opinion. The present Karnataka situation is being seen by many Indians with a lot of interest. The government even today is not complete and what is going on there is not known. EIther of the two parties has peacetime. Internal quarrels and problems. dissatisfaction are cropping up and how long they will run nobody can predict. So I don't think who will a have a little knowledge of political never wanted this type of inactivity in the government. It is never good for the country. So definitely they will go for a decisive vote only. BJP will be the winner. This is what my feeling says. Yesterday I have seen that Siva Sena may also go with BJP. In Maharashtra definitely, it will have a positive impact on both the parties.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes, Modi graph is going down rapidly according to speculations of mass media. The RSS already preparing a secret plan at back doors to bring Mr.Pranab as concensus candidate if BJP going to loose in 2019 elections. According to RSS estimate BJP may loose around 110 seats from last elections and it may lead to hung Parliament. Some of the BJP Parliamentarians after knowing the results of surveys started talking against their own party openly. There is a lot of discussions going among BJP and allien partners openly regarding the delicate situation of their future. I think Mr.Modi may not be a favorable PM candidate for the allied partners of NDA in the next elections.

The general elections in 2019 would be decisive and the single largest party would able to form the government. But when analyse closely, the chance of Congress leading and others following them as so called allies before elections are bleak. Likewise regional parties are going to play main role this time as BJP wont draw any votes from the South. So the tough fight be between BJP and their allies, as well as the regional parties in respective state. They would form the probable government if BJP fails to make any foray in South states. South states are going to play the King makers in 2019.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

We are talking of speculations again.

My suggestion is to wait for the final outcome by next year as different surveys will continue to report of the outcome of the sample surveys. This is nothing but the strategy to increase their TRP. I don't understand that why we are not interested in the overall picture but have been narrowed down to only few of the regions.

For few we still have unemployment issue as this never existed in the past. Its a harsh truth that we are living in a country with a mentality wherein the administration doesn't matter but the fluctuation in the prices of onions have lead to the downfall of the government. If we have decided to not to think above it & having the intentions of "me & my life" only then nobody can help us.

It's there life & so who cares. I am happy that I am not among one of them.

Already parties are making parleys against the BJP and against the Congress as per their strategies to gain in election. One thing is very clear here. At the Center either BJP lead or the Congress led government has to come and there is no other go. The third front surging is simply a high drama as there is no coordination between them every one wants to become PM from the so called Federal front. Now it has been speculated that Chandrababu Naidu wants to join with Congress to defeat BJP as part of his vengeance attitude. So we are going to see varied combination of political power.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I don't understand why we are so impatient? There is a lot of space between the cup and the lip to discuss the 2019 elections now. No one can say anything about the changes that may occur in the Indian political scene as the election dates approach nearer. Friends may turn foes and foes may turn friends. Just wait and see the drama. While the opposition parties have started discussing possible coalitions, the BJP has already moved in their event managers to start indirect publicity through social and other media. We are already getting lot many advertisements (at the cost of the tax payer's money) about the developmental and people friendly activities (toilets for all, houses for the homeless and whatnot) undertaken (including those not yet begun or completed) by the Modi govt.

So, let us wait for some more time before raising threads in connection with the 2019 general elections.

'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

I don't understand why not to discuss this matter? We are definitely not going to lose anything. After all Cricket/Movie and Politics, these three are the main subject in which any Indian can discuss it without a break! I hope editor should let it discusses instead of throwing their own opinion. Congress is not going to lose Karnataka with this discussion after all!

Doesn't matter whether we discuss this or not but whosoever interested in this can well go ahead.

• Sign In to post your comments