You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Moving image of mother: small child on shoulder, holding another child with hand, school bag on back

Yesterday while I was going to the office I happened to chance upon a scene which moved me very much. A middle-aged mother, with a small child on her shoulder and another school going child being helped with her hand was also having a large school bag on her back. She has to walk much distance from the home to school. This is the ordeal of the middle-class family who cannot afford for the school bus, auto or they have no vehicle to leave the child to school. And I salute those mothers who do this multi-tasking in silence and the husband won't cooperate. Appeal to all husbands, please be a part of the family and help the wife to a certain extent.
    It is true lower middle class people are facing these ordeals. By seeing a woman, we can't say the husband is not cooperating. He might have gone for newspaper distribution or milk packet supplies early in the morning and after coming back might be getting ready to go to the work where he may be marked absent if he is not there in time. I have seen many small job employees running to reach the work in time. The man will be struggling like this and the woman will be struggling to get ready, make the food ready, drop the child in the school and take care of the second kid. I know the difficulties of father and mother of a middle class family as I have grown up from such a family only. I know mother struggling in the house from early morning 4AM to night 10PM. The father also struggling for the same period. That is the way of life of a couple from a middle class family
    drrao
    always confident

But the mothers would do these routine with smiling face and that is the catch.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Don't the fathers smile Mr Mohan? Do they execute their responsibilities with some grudge? So, it is not the catch. You might have been touched by a particular instance which triggered this thread but let me tell you that we need to understand their(how and why are important) lives before putting forth an opinion or any comments.
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

I did not say that fathers are running away from their responsibility and when compared to mothers they do less and with hesitation.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments