Photo-based e-book contest: The Mannequins - write a chapter, win a prize!Time to write an e-book based on a photo! Members can register here to write a chapter for it.
The name of the e-book: The Mannequins. See the photo attached (click on the attachment to see the large size of the photo) and accordingly build up a story around it.
1. Submit the chapter in English in the order of registration in a response in this thread. The text should have minimum 200 words and maximum 350 words only. You can if you so wish, give one relevant link (not more) to any ISC page (any section).
2. Put in a chapter title of not more than 4 words also along with the chapter number. For example, Chapter 1: _____.
3. In the text, you have to include the element you need to include in your chapter. This element I will tell you in a response to this thread itself. So, for example, if I say "Add a pet" at 8p.m. today, then you need to submit your chapter by 8p.m. tomorrow.
4. Keep to the storyline so that the chapter you write picks up the story from the previously submitted chapter and also ends in a manner which allows the next author a chance to pick up the story from there. Avoid changing the name of an already existing character. However, you may include a new character if relevant to your chapter.
5. Conversations/dialogues can be included. You can put in a mysterious element, some humour, etc but no inappropriate language, slang words and the like.
Note: If you fail to submit your chapter within the given 24hr-timeframe, then the next person in line will take it up.
Do not make any comments or give any feedback on any of the chapters submitted by participants. You may do so later, in the winners' announcement thread.
1. The authors of the 3 best chapters will each receive an award of Rs.125/- and the virtual gift of the certificate of creativity.
2. Two Second prizes: Rs.100/- + virtual gift of appreciation.
3. Consolation prizes (if eligible winners): Rs. 75 each + virtual gift of fresh flowers.
4. All participants will receive enhanced points & cash credits as per the quality of the entry. Winners will get 10 points to their entry, but no cc for it as their main prizes will be credited to their profile account.
So let's start writing!