You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Happy father's day today

Today is Father's day. Even though it is late I don't want lose the chance of wishing all the members on this day. In every body's life parents play an important role. Mother will take care of children and see that they will be good citizens. The father will see that their children are having all the facilities and never have any worries. Many fathers are sacrificing their lives for the upliftment of their children. But mother always occupies a better position in the minds of children than the father. On this day let all of us pay our respect to our fathers and get their blessings for an eventful future. I like to dedicate this thread to my father who is 84 years and spending a happy life with my mother in our native place.
    Not only on this day, but everyday we must remember with extreme gratefulness how our fathers and mothers have endured pain, poverty, anxiety to give us a proper life. We must remember how they sacrificed to bring us up. We must try to follow their footsteps.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

The difference I found today is that more numbers of expressions came in the social media than last year in comparison to Mothers Day. Personally I do not give much value to such ritual shows and expressions, which are more a commercial exploitation by different commercial interests.

On this occasion I fondly remember my father for which perseverance and courage he has faced in his life and nurtured all of us single handed and takes guts to man the family alone as a single earner in those days. And today we are getting difficult to raise even one child as the cost of living and life styles has changed drastically. In those days he used to bring us one kind of clothes for all and that would be stitched and worn. On festive occasion we looked same with same uniform. And the way we used to live in harmony and happiness, cannot be mentioned here and all the credit goes to the father. And in every home, father is the silent performer as he used to work hard for the family and has to make all provisions for the requirements of the all the members of the happily to which we must be ever grateful to him. Happy fathers day to all.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Father's day is over, but even without a particular day set apart for this I do remember both father and mother every day. When a problem arises automatically I think about my father for a solution. My father left us thirty one years back. Still he lives in my mind and guide me in decision making. He was a great man, he developed the remote village in to a village with all facilities like, road, transportation facilities, starting a school, post office, health centre, bringing electricity connection, etc. The school started as a primary school was developed as a High school, before his death. Now after his the same was upgraded as a Higher Secondary School, by his sons. The remote nature of the village is no more there.
    Thus my father had created memorials for him even before his death, in a sense. So, now all the villagers remember him.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.