You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Which towns or cities of your State are developing fast?

As citizens, we all need to be concerned about developments around us. Apart from the metros, there are big cities developing into huge hubs for education, industry and commerce. And the ever growing service sector. Mysore, Coimbatore, Mangalore, Vijayawada and Cochin are some examples. Our relatives are bankers who are in transferable jobs. A day will come when reverse migration will also start.

For example, now that Jaipur now has some IT infrastructure in place, many from South are migrating there for jobs.

Based on inside and direct observation, members may please share their own ideas of small towns that are developing fast. This information will be very useful for all members.
    In Telangana, Hyderabad is always growing and there are no boundaries. The government is telling that they will develop other cities like Warangal and Nizamabad. But we don't see any progress there. All people are migrating to Hyderabad only. There is no employment potential in any other cities or town.
    Coming to Andhra Pradesh there is no big city in the state. Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Tirupathi are the big cities in the state. All these three cities are growing fast. Amaravati is under construction. We don't know when this city will become a real city. Kakinada and Rajahmundry are also progressing to some extent.
    But still, there is no employment creation in the state. But simultaneously 4 or 5 places are getting the facelift.

drrao
    always confident

If I take an instance of my native place which is Katni, MP, than its a whole lot of infrastructures including more better highways & improved electrification as well as improved means of communications. A new jurisdiction has been evolving which will reduce the burden on the busy life of the city. The two more railway stations have been developed which will be managing the increased numbers of trains in its routes. With this the more parking spaces have been provided reducing the congestion around the railway station & now is evident of the cleanliness in & around of the station.

It's a very small town but I feel happy to see the changes which for a very long time was not even expected.

In addition & as I am also staying in Delhi, I would like to invite any of the readers to come & admire the ways in which the jobs are being accomplished here. However I feel sad that the public are not supporting the work of the government because to the latest information, there are news of thefts of the solar panel equipment along with the Delhi-Merat highways. I don't know about when will again start respecting our resources & at the same time will add more to its values to make it far better than someone would have expected.

With reference to Kerala there is only one answer. It is Kochi, the business capital of Kerala, which is developing faster than any other city or town in India. As a person who started staying in Kochi (Ernakulam) in the year 1970, I could witness the development in each corner. Roads were widened, new road connections came into being, all marshy places got filled up and skyscrapers came up. Shopping centres and prestigious shopping malls came up. Different islands got connected by lengthy bridges. International airport came up. International stadium opened for national and international games and sports. Several colleges and universities opened and started attracting students from different parts. Metro rail connecting Alwaye and Kochi came up. Like this Kochi got a seat in the major cities in the country.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

If you asking for development of town and cities in Telangana, I would state that the Siddipet which happens to be the constituency of the CM KCR is fast developing as many colleges, shopping malls of big repute, wide roads, parks have already come up. The people need not come to Hyderabad for any purchases. Like wise Warangal, Nizambad and even Adilabad are developing fast. After bifurcation the thrust to develop small towns to big cities is on the anvil and on that count we can rate Bhongir or where the new Laksshminarasimha Swamy temple is being constructed on the hills on par with Tirumala is potential city being developed with lots of real estate investments. In 10 years from now surely Telangana is going to have many cities competing with the capital itself as over all developments were envisaged.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments