You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

US leaves UN human rights council : What it conveys to the world ?

In a major development, the US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley has announced that United States is withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council , accusing the body of bias against US ally Israel and a failure to hold human rights abusers accountable. So by withdrawing from the world body, what the US wants to convey to the world. It may be noted here that UN Human Rights council is the organization supported by 47 member nations safeguarding human rights across the world and sudden departure of US from the council may vitiate the very cause ?
    It's high time India follows suit, particularly when a report has been published on Kashmir which is totally one-sided, doesn't give the perspective of India and has been prepared by the strong anti-Indian lobby.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

I feel the USA felt that their voice is not heard by the Human Rights Council properly. Hence they have taken this decision. The announcement came as expected. I don't know whether India will also follow the same way. We have to wait and see.
    drrao
    always confident

The World Human Rights Commission revolves around the richest of the nations & only targeting the soft nations like the India. I have never gone through any other nation other then Burma, who is being targeted by this group. As per my opinion only the losers will have to answer & not the powerful. So ignore them could be the best of the options available to us..

• Sign In to post your comments