You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Don't miss this restaurant when you are in Coimbatore city

The next time you plan a trip to Ooty, the Queen of all hill stations, you would naturally cross the city of Coimbatore. You could even stay for a day or two and go to two prestigious temples, Perur and Marudhamalai.

There is a lot more to see in Coimbatore, but that cannot be described here. Just try this lovely restaurant, bang opposite to Kovai Medical center, on the prestigious Avanashi Road. There are thousands of town buses plying here, and you can easily get directions, if you know good English.

It is called Anandas. It is a superb upper middle class restaurant, which you see just opposite this famous hospital. Just go there to enjoy the high class food. Even for breakfast, you can get special items of dosa. The chutney served here is splendid.

This restuarant is a big competitor to the famous Annapoorna and GowriShankar group. However, for the sheer variety of items served, Anandas is better.

Just feel the difference...
    Last time when we visited Ooty, we came to Chennai after our stay at Ooty via Coimbatore. I don't know it is just a chance we went to the same restaurant to have our breakfast. The previous night we stayed in a hotel in this town. As mentioned by the author the restaurant is very good and the food we liked it. The Dosa we ate was very good. My all family members enjoyed the food there. Even I like the coffee there. In general, the food in Tamilnadu is found to be good especially the tiffin items at the breakfast and dinner.
    drrao
    always confident

I had taken food at Anandas once. Generally I go to Annapoorna Gowrishankar near the Gandhipuram bus stand.

When people go for traveling , they are often confronted with where to eat the good food, and thanks to author for sharing the right address to get the tasty food of our choice which is even affordable in Coimbatore.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments