You must Sign In to post a response.
Did you participate in the easy brain-teasing riddles' contest? Check out the answers and who was first off the block to respond with the correct answers!
  • Category: Winners

Brain-teasing Riddles: answers and winners

The answers to the brain-teasing riddles are: Dream, Oxygen, Shadow, India, Window, Mother. The unscrambled word: Wisdom.

It was disappointing to receive only 12 entries, considering these riddles were far easier than those of the previous contest.

The points tally of the participants, in order of the receipt of the entries:
    1. Dr. Rao: 20
    2. Juana: 20
    3. Partha: 20
    4. Aditya: 20
    5. Venkiteswaran: 20
    6. Bala: 15
    7. Joyshree: 13
    8. Padmini: 20
    9. Hakimuddin: 13
    10. Aliasgar: 13
    11. Soundharya: 10
    12. Natarajan: 20

As announced, the first three participants with the maximum correct answers would get the first prize. The winners are Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao, Juana and Partha. Each will receive 50 points & Rs.50/-.

The 2nd prize of 40 points and Rs.40/- goes to Aditya Mohan and the 3rd prize of 30 points and Rs.30/- goes to Venkiteswaran.

Congratulations to all the winners!

In case your points tally is incorrect, please let me know in a response to this thread. Points and cc will be credited for all entries over the weekend.

Look out for the next one with 8 riddles & a little higher cash prizes next month!
    My sincere thanks to Managing Editor for announcing the result. It is evident that these riddles are easy when compared to earlier one by the way the participants got the points. My congratulations to Juana and Partha for sharing the first prize with me. My congratulations to Aditya Mohan and Venkiteswaran for winning 2nd and 3rd prize respectively. My best wishes to all the participants for the points they got and I wish them success in the next coming contests.
    drrao
    always confident

Vandana Madam,

Kindly recheck my answers. Thank you!

Soundharya - it is corrected now.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Congratulations to the winners Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao, Juana and Partha. Congrats to Aditya Mohan for winning second prize
    Congrats to all the participants.
    This time I discussed with my family members and that helped me. My son ,my wife , brother and my little niece also were with me when I was attempting the riddles. Each one contributed their part and that helped me get all the answers.

My hearty congratulations to all the winners of the contest. I also got 13 points. really it was an interesting puzzle. Awaiting for such type of more puzzles.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Thank you for announcing the results. Congratulations to the winners. I am glad to find my name on the list of winners.

The set of riddles were easier than the previous sets, nevertheless, it was fun participating in the contest. Can see the effort that is put into creating the riddles. Appreciate it.

I look forward to the next round, as announced in this thread. However, I have a request to make. I feel the system is unfair, and I say this despite having won the previous rounds. Everyone should have an equal opportunity at winning. The current system allows participants who see the contest ahead of the rest a better chance at winning.

I want to participate but wouldn't want to be glued onto the Forum awaiting the announcement of a contest. It was sheer providence that I saw the previous contest announcements and may not be so lucky the next time. It would be nice if a specific time frame is mentioned, a day or two ahead of the contest, in which the same would be posted. A time frame of two days (Saturday and Sunday) was given for the recently conducted contest, which could have had us checking the Forum every few seconds, for 48 hours.

This is a request, as I think everyone should be entitled to the same playing field.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Congratulations to all the winners of this contest. Thankfully I managed to answer all the riddles with solid co-operation from my wife. Without her help, I could not manage to answer the riddles within 45 minutes of noticing the thread announcing the contest.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Congrats to all the winners of the riddle contest. Sorry, I am alone with none to guide me to get the right answers. Let me try the next riddle.
    No life without Sun

Congratulations to all the winners.

Juana,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Your request makes sense and will be incorporated in the next riddle contest as well as for any such future time-bound quick contests.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I have also same feeling and suggestion as in 39883.
    In fact in my response above I had first included the opinion but before posting, I erased that part and thought I may suggest by another thread or sometime down the line in this thread.
    I was to quote ME's s sentence "t was disappointing to receive only 12 entries, considering these riddles were far easier...". I am of the opinion that the 'Early bird wins' method is discouraging aspirants.
    (At least it is so to me)
    I had mentioned this as a reason for my non-participation in one contest in another thread. In this riddle contest also I guessed the winners winners will be in the order and I stood the chance of a prize.

Congratulations to all the winners. More than the results, I'm personally glad seeing some comments. My appreciation for the honesty with which members have spoken regarding help taken for the riddle and fairness regarding the time frame.
    Such sense of honesty and fair play makes these contests worthwhile because we can all get answers by discussing or checking on the internet.

My hearty congratulations to the first prize winners Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao, Juana and Partha. I also congratulate the second prize winner Aditya Mohan and third prize winner Venkiteswaran.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Congratulations to all the winners.
    This time I found it really very easy to solve and even was not expecting any award because of that "early bird wins" rule. I was sure that the candidates who have submitted before me would have solved it perfectly.
    To solve riddles is the real fun and does not matter if I will get an award or not.
    Looking forward to having the similar contests in future also.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Hearty congratulations to Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao, Juana and Partha for being the winners of the Brain-teasing riddles contest and also Congrats to Aditya Mohan for being the winner of second prize. I also congratulate Venkiteswaran for being the winner of third prize.
    Regards,
    Ramya

Hearty congratulations to all the winners! The rewards as announced has been credited to the winners.
    'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

I too was eager to take part in the contest, but by the time I saw it at 11 in the night, it was already locked.

Anyway, congrats to all winners and participants. You all did well. Looking forward to the next edition of this contest.

Patience and perseverance pays

Based on the input in this thread, I was thinking of having something similar to the advanced schedule announced of an entrance exam. Let's have a red-pinned thread at the top of the forum titled 'Contest Schedule - [month]'. In that, alerts will be given at least two days in advance of the date & time of an upcoming contest which is time-bound. With the red pin positioning it at the top of the forum, there is no way members can miss checking it out.

Of course, for general contests like articles, creative story writing, double reward programs and the like, which are spread out over a week or more, there will be no alerts.

Would that be Ok for everyone?

I fully agree to the new proposal of the ME. That would provide an advance alert to all Members.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Vandana,

Yes, it sounds good. This would allow all ISCians a level playing field, leaving no room for regret. Can't wait for it to be implemented.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

The points and cc have been credited to all participants in the contest announcement thread. If anyone got missed out, then let me know in a response to this thread.

Congrats to the members who have won the brain teasing riddles and that was the great competition initiated by the ISC and the participants also gave their best answers and thus rewarded.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I have re-opened this thread to let everyone know that the plan to announce the schedule of contests for the month has been implemented. Please keep an eye on this thread every day: Schedule of Contests: July 2018. We will see if it is helpful in getting more participation for time-bound contests and then will continue with it if it is so.

A special thanks to Juana & others who gave their input on this.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.