You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Who are the Lead Editors of Articles section and My India sub-section?

In ISC, after the Managing Editor, the Lead Editors look after the individual sections and sub-sections of the site. Almost all of us know that Mr. Ravishankar is the Lead Editor of Jobs sub-section, Mr. Saji Ganesh is the Lead Editor of Forum section, Mr. Jagdish Patro is the Lead Editor of Ask Experts section and Mr. Dhruv has been recently appointed as Lead Editor of Schools sub-section.

However, I do not know who are presently holding the charges of Lead Editor in the Articles section and My India sub-section. As I occasionally contribute to these two section/sub-section, I feel that I should know their names.

So, I humbly request all Members (including the Editors) to indicate the names of Lead Editor of Articles section and My India sub-section. Kindly also indicate their contact e-mails.
    Editors.
    Here we have a drop down menu, you can choose Resources, IndiainfoEditor and contact any of them. Although, I cannot see the title of Lead editor mentioned in this page, one can click on the the names in the section and then contact them iva ISC messages.
    If one still has an issue, then the issue can be aired in forum as a post as per existing guidelines.

''Although, I cannot see the title of Lead editor mentioned in this page, ....''-------------That is the real issue.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

As the editors jobs are not paid one and honorary we cannot expect permanent editors and for that reason the ME would take responsible to edit through other volunteer trainee editors.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The position of Lead Editor is a flexible one. With the role implied by the word 'Lead' basically implying to be in-charge of a section & deal with issues related to it, when somebody in-charge is on leave and unable to take up duties for a valid reason, we may quickly put another veteran in charge. Overall, the ME is the "lead" across all sections and will step in where & when required.

As for contacting via emails, that is not permitted. We prefer that members not have any direct email communication with any editor, Lead or otherwise. Only if it is something personal which cannot be discussed in the open forum, then an email can be sent to Tony Sir with cc to me and we will look into the issue. Otherwise, all problems, complaints, queries and the like must be posted in a forum thread only.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,

If this is so, why my complainets are deleted in forum? Do you have any answer of this?

There may be many issues which only require a simple answer from the Editors, and there are no needs for the Members to discuss. In such cases, e-mails are required to be sent to the Lead Editors.

We (the ordinary Members) should not disturb the Managing Editor often, especially when she is already very busy with various responsibilities.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Partha K,

We have stated this before on multiple occasions - a member has the option of sending a message using the messaging system to LE Saji Ganesh. He will alert the team and the editor of the section will check and do the needful. Hope there is nothing more to discuss on this.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

The ME of ISC,

can you please reply my query?

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.