You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Yes, the number has increased!

Last month I raised this thread about the dwindling number of sparrows in our neighbourhood. In that thread, I mentioned about a sparrow couple who built their nest in the letter-box of my immediate neighbour. I am glad to note that the eggs remained unhurt and the baby sparrows have arrived. Everyday, I listen intently to the baby sparrows and note the movement of the proud parents.

Not only this sparrow family, there is another couple (of sparrows) in front of the accommodation of another neighbour of ours. There also the sparrows are happily chirping and flying.

Only three months back, there was no sparrow in our block. Now, there are two couples in the neighbourhood. I am happy. Definitely, the number of sparrows has increased in our neighbourhood.
    It is good. Sparrow population is increasing. My house is having many sparrows as the trees are there in my house. But no crows are seen anywhere in Hyderabad. These days I am seeing many cats are making rounds in my house area. As the mesh doors will be always closed they are not coming inside but almost the entire day they are making rounds. I don't know whether they have seen any rats around.
    drrao
    always confident

Good that the sparrows are nurtured silently in your neighborhood and that gives immense hope that the endangered bird is being reared somewhere or the other. Sparrows are not seen these days due to fast urbanisation and the trees are cut for paving to roads or buildings and thus the sparrows are not finding the right place to nurture their offspring. That is the reason being so they are searching for the safe place to lay eggs and nurture their small ones and that can be even our post box. Always keep some grains and water in a small utensil so that birds would quench the thirst and eat the grains.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Crows are being chased away by Minas and that is the reason being so early morning we can hear the sounds of crows and Minas making their present felt with their authoritative movements.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments