You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Annoying advertisement in Ask Expert Section

Advertisement may be a pain but it's the only way to maintain ISC website.

I can understand completely.

The advertisement in Ask Expert section is really annoying. One cannot read the complete first answer posted by other members because advertisement is covering the half contents of the Ask Expert answer.

I have attached the screenshots below.
    I am using Google Chrome updated version with latest Web Viewer. This is the reference attachment in image format.
    Hackers never learns but always wins!

Delete Attachment

You can remove that advertisement by clicking on the top corner of the advertisement. When you click there a list will come down. In that, you click on the Item" the advertisement is covering the matter". Then the advertisement will disappear and you can read the response without any problem. This is coming not only in Ask Expert section in the other section like threads will appear on the first response. By following the above procedure you can view the matter fully. I have done it many times. You can all also try and see that.
    drrao
    always confident

John Deo Stm,

Those are what are known as expanding ads and are present in all sections of ISC. They are extremely annoying, yes, but have been placed to bring traffic to the site because when they expand they may entice the visitor to the page to click on them. All you need to do is click on the X and close the ad. It is no big deal.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I am browsing from my Android phone. I tried the desktop version and it's working fine despite slow loading issues.

It happens maximum time whenever I went through AE section. Clicking the "X" closes the ads only not banner. There is a blank banner after clicking the "X" on ads.

Hackers never learns but always wins!

What I understand that if you take your mouse on the ads, they are going to expand and that would cover the contents also. So while reading or want to append something , see that the mouse does not touch the ads.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments