You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Forget World Cup Football: Think Indian Hockey

Members! I am very excited! I have forgotten World Cup Football due to a great news. India has entered Champions Cup Hockey Final for the second time in a row! India managed a thrilling 1-1 draw against host Netherlands to enter the final of the Champions Trophy on Saturday. This result helped India to grab the final spot at the very prestigious hockey tournament. India finished in second place with eight points behind group topper Australia, who has 10 points.

India will now play against Australia in the final on Monday. My best wishes go with Sreejesh and the team. Boys! Make us proud. Bring back the golden era of Indian hockey.
    Australia will win this champions trophy only 5 or 6 nations are playing this tournament but football more than 15 teams are playing. There is no comparison between football and Hockey. Football is a master of all the games and Hockey is a servant if you want to describe...
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

You have to qualify the qualifying round to play Champions' Trophy. Total eight teams participate in this prestigious tournament.

You keep your eternal pessimism in your cupboard.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

In Football too there is a qualifying round to participate in World cup. I saw Australia vs India hockey match all the goals(2) that are score through penalty corners. still, India lost with 3-2 against Australia. Even Netherlands match the goal came through a penalty corner.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Yes on the one side the football fever was heating up and on the other hand our boys doing exceptionally well in hockey and there seems to be some thing smiling on the face of Indian hockey.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Isn't the goal scored from a penalty-corner a legitimate goal? Isn't a goal scored from penalty kick a legitimate goal in football?

India lost the Champions trophy finals in Hockey. Australians are the champions whether it is cricket(5 times world cup holders), in Hockey(15 times champions), in Football(qualified for quarters in previous world cups), in Tennis and many more sports...

Hearty congratulations to India from becoming runners-up in this Champion trophy in Hockey. It is good that India has participated in this tournament and achieved 2nd place in the tournament. I expect Indian team to excel in the tournaments in the coming days.
    drrao
    always confident

No wonder that India lost the match against Australia when there are so much negative vibes from so many pessimists.

Feeling sorry for Sreejesh and the team. Cheer up, boys! You have tried. Definitely better luck next time.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.