You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Google doodle recognises Leibniz.

Recently Google recognised Professor Mahalanobis by remembering the great Indian mathematician (Statistician) on his birthday on 29th June. Today another great Mathematician Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz is recognised through today's google doodle. Leibniz is a German mathematician and philosopher born on July 1st 1646. His main contributions were in differential and integral Calculus. His works were in dependent of those of Isaac Newton.
    In 1676 Leibniz became the founder of ' Dynamics', a new formulation that substituted kinetic energy for the conservation of movement.
    In philosophy he came out with a conclusion that Universe is God's best possible creation. This was mocked by philosophers including well known French philosopher Voltaire.
    Google has been kind enough to give honor and place on its doodle which has been highlighting the greats of those who are not amid us. And that way they honored Mathematician Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz today.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I want to convey my thanks to the author for giving a brief about Mathematician Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz. The Google is somehow making efforts to bring the famous names in various fields into the limelight by recognising them in their doodle. It is a good effort and we should thank Google for this.
    drrao
    always confident

Leibniz developed the differential calculus, integral calculus and dynamics which the students of Mathematics have to study at various levels. I didn't know that today is his birthday. Google has aptly honoured this great Mathematician. Thanks to Mr. Sankaran for reminding all of us about Leibniz' birthday.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

• Sign In to post your comments