You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Jagannath Temple at Sialkot, Pakistan

As far as I know, there are fifteen sacred Jagannath temples all over the Indian sub-continent. Twelve temples are in present India, two in Bangladesh and one in present Pakistan. The Jagannath Temple in Pakistan is located at Paris Road of Sialkot, Pakistani Punjab. The Temple is more than 1000 years old and spread over a sprawling complex. Before independence, annual Rath Jatra used to take place in the Temple complex. Now the Temple is almost in a dilapidated condition and local people avoid this place. In 2009, an effort was made to renovate it, but the measly amount sanctioned for this purpose was inadequate.

I am attaching an image of this sacred Temple downloaded from Google.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Delete Attachment

First of all thanks to the author for sharing this great information and feel sorry that the temple is not being maintained and that is in bad condition. I shall definitely send this information to the TTD , the Balaji temple at Tirumala which is keeping the Hinduism going by supporting poor temple with funds for survival and like wise it would certainly help this temple at Pakistan and would be revived. But only assurance the TTD must get that the Pakistan government should give the security and support in fulfilling the re-construction. That would the great effort from our side.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Does the Huqmat-e-Pakistan (Government of Pakistan) need money to maintain these temples? Then money can be provided. Is the Government of Pakistan willing to maintain these temples? Willingness can't be provided.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

This is a new information to me and thanks to the author for sharing the information. The Government of Pakistan may not be interested in doing the renovation works of Hindu Temples. The policy of that country is not like our country. Even the Indian Government offers to hive money also they will not take up that work and in that country Hindus are not having voice and thay can't talk anything. So I don't think that TTD can do anything in this issue.
    drrao
    always confident

Pakistan basically being a Islamic country, may be hesitating to maintain this ancient temple because it may earn the wrath of Muslims clergies who may even censure the government.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments