You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Attention: Former Supreme Court Judge speaks about RSS

Former Supreme Court Judge, Mr. K.T. Thomas said that after the Army, it is the RSS that keeps Indians safe, Mr. Thomas further credited the RSS for freeing the country from the clutches of the emergency. The 80-year-old retired judge clearly said that after the Indian Constitution, democracy and Army, it is "fortunately" the presence of the RSS which guards the Indians.

Mr. Thomas was appointed as a Supreme Court Judge in 1996. He was on the Bench which confirmed the death sentence in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2007 during the UPA regime for services in the field of social affairs.

I hope Indian liberals who always talk ill about RSS are listening.
    Wow kudos to the former SC Judge KT Thomos for speaking the truth and that has to be agreed. We all know that how the Congress was virtually taken the freedom of speech for the ride during emergency and how the leaders were made to shut without speaking the truth and how the RSS taken up the task of cleansing the sin committed by the Congress in the name of emergency are still alive in the minds of people who have gone through the ordeal in those days. And K T Thomos would be bombarded for this observance by Congress and other parties too. Because truth is bitter.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It's pleasure to receive such news & this should be the viral news in the internet as well as in the media too. But sadly this would be ignored but still good things are coming up patiently.

It is good that a former Supreme court judge has complimented RSS which is termed as Hindu terrorist organisation by some so called human right activists and others. It gives immense immense pleasure to see such genuine appreciations from a knowledgeable man from other religion is very much appreciable.
    drrao
    always confident

When and where this Mr. K.T. Thomas expressed his opinion about the RSS? His statement that it is the RSS which guards the Indians after the Constitution, Democracy and the Army, is an insult to the Army and the people of the nation. So the organization which did not participate in the independence movement against the British is now the savior of the country and its people. The so-called organization refused to hoist the National Flag until recently except on two occasions on 15-08-1947 and 26-01-1950. That is the respect it gave to the Constitution. It is now the guardian of the country. This great organization which claimed that it can raise an army within 3 days or so whereas the army takes six months, insulted the Indian Army and its capabilities.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Deleted as duplicate.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

''this Mr. K.T. Thomas" is a former Justice of the Apex Court of the land, he is not a so-called ''Bhakt''. So, I don't want to comment upon the meaningless response.

When the authors bring in such sensitive issues, why the other members and editors would ask for proof and where did he said or who said. Instead of probing in such manner, they can either refute or support the content.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I was wondering why something supposed to be said long back found mention now. I am not asking for any proof. Facts always hurt and defending the undefendable is not possible.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Mr. KVRR, I failed to understand here that if something has been appreciated of someone then few are already there with their negative remarks. Possibly, I wouldn't ever be able to understand this. Look at the choice of your words here.

Adding, it's again difficult to understand about what those feel good about our country then?

When the appreciation is not a deserved one, comments will arise. If there is anything wrong with the choice of my words and my observations, they may be pointed out so that I may correct or defend them. I have as much liberty to differ or agree as anyone.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Mr. KVRR, "His statement that it is the RSS which guards the Indians after the Constitution, Democracy and the Army, is an insult to the Army and the people of the nation. What's wrong in this because there we don't find any comparisons in between the different entities but instead the importance has been shown of a particular institution. If you read this than I would also like to know the organization or the institution which you have seen working giving relief to the people during the time of any misshape or a tragedy which is other than Indian army.

The Indian Army is quite capable of safeguarding the country. There are other paramilitary organizations to assist them. The Police Department in each and every State is there to look after the law and order situation all over the country. Why the people of India require a private organization to look after them? What authority have they got? Is it not an insult to the capability of these government organizations? The RSS is taking part in relief activities. It is well and good. It is not only the RSS alone is doing service. The people of every walk are doing service in case of emergencies.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Mr. KVRR, I appreciate your view to the Indian army as, "The Indian Army is quite capable of safeguarding the country" but who you refer as who calls the Indian army as rapist. Could you pl. name the party who used this language.

You wrote, "The people of every walk are doing service in case of emergencies", agree but name one private organization than.

"Why the people of India require a private organization to look after them? What authority have they got?", do you really required some sort of license on government behalf to do some good job. If not then why we are using these terminologies here. If being an individual, I continue to do some favor or good assistance to others then should I be abused as I don't have the government authority for this. What kind of logic is this?

Mr.Ved Prakash, why do you jump away from the topic by asking "who you refer as who calls the Indian army as a rapist. Could you pl. name the party who used this language." For one thing, your sentence does not make any sense. Show some clarity in what you are asking. I cannot rake up my mind to find out what you wanted to convey.

There is umpteen number of organizations doing public service. Just search the internet and find out. For your information, I quote two organizations. They are Red Cross Society of India, The Ramakrishna Mission.

India does not require self-styled armies to safeguard us. We have government organizations to do it and meddling in such matters is against the law. They are dangerous to the country. If they are giving armed training, it is illegal and immediate action should be taken by the government.

" Be Good and Do Good "

"Could you pl. name the party who used this language."-
    I can name at least three who made terrible statements like this about Indian Army.

1. CPI(M) -----Kodiyari Balakrishnan
    2. SP-----------Ajam Khan
    3. Congress----Digvijaya Singh

As my memory is short I can name only three. There are definitely many more instances like this.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.