You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Swami Vivekananda's five life advices

Yesterday was Swami Vivekananda's death anniversary. Unfortunately, I could not put up this thread yesterday. Swamiji left this mortal world in 1902. But his advices are still relevant. I am mentioning five advices of Swamiji which will always remain relevant.

1. "Arise, awake and do not stop until the goal is reached": This is the most well-known quote of Swami Vivekananda. I feel that this is the core issue of all motivational books.

2. "You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul": Swami Vivekananda always emphasized the need to realize that spirituality cannot be attained by external means. It must be an eternal process.

3. "In a day, when you don't come across any problems – you can be sure that you are traveling in a wrong path": This simple but powerful sentence tells us the pragmatic approach of Swamiji towards life.

4. "The greatest sin is to think yourself weak": This single sentence is the essence of thousands of motivational book. Nothing to state about this very powerful quote.

5. "Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes": And finally this is the essence of Hindu philosophy. Not only that, following this philosophy gives is peace and stress-less life.

Members: Kindly share your thoughts on these life advices of Swami Vivekananda.
    Vivekananda's five good life advices are just philosophical thoughts. This can be understood and followed only by people like Vivekananda. For a common man, such advices are like the siren blown into deaf ears.
    No life without Sun

Out of all the five thoughts what I liked is that one should not think himself or herself a weak. That inferiority complex would distill all other positive thoughts and vibes and thus one must be positive minded and get going.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

All the statements made by the great leader are very important in nature. But how many people can take him as an example for making their lives. It is very difficult to understand and implement many of his sayings. My salutations to the great leader of our country.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments