You must Sign In to post a response.
Cheer the winners of the recent Identity Puzzles' contest & get motivated to participate in the next riddle contest!
  • Category: Winners

Identity puzzles - answers and winners

Many thanks for the wonderful response to the identity puzzles contest. It is to be seen from the list of winners that for such contests it is not necessarily the case that the fastest fingers are first!

Know the answers: Rose Petals (those of you who got only Rose or only Petals right get 1 point); Railway Station (those of you who got only Station right get 1 point); Gooseberries; Theatre/Theater (both spellings acceptable); Switches; Mahatma Gandhi (those of you who gave only Gandhi get 3 points); Tiles; Bottleneck (the actual road sign was Bottleneck Ahead but I took only the first word for the contest); Scarecrow; Raj (this was the character in Yash Raj film Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, where the main pair was Simran & Raj).

The tally of points in order of the entries received:
    1. Dhruv - 21
    2. Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala - 15
    3. Israr Ahmed Saifi - 8
    4. Soundharya - 19
    5. Akshay Mahajan - 15
    6. Padmini - 20
    7. Bala - 19
    8. Sun - 21
    9. Partha K - 21
    10. Dr. Rao - 21
    11. Joyshree - 17
    12. Juana - 25
    13. Aditya Mohan - 21
    14. Neethu - 13
    15. K Mohan - 7
    16. Natarajan - 16
    17. Venkiteswaran - 23
    18. Umesh - 18
    19. Neeru - 18
    20. Syed Rizwan - 21
    ------------------------------
    As you can see, late entry participants have bagged prizes! The outright winner with all correct answers is Juana, who gets 40 points and Rs.80/-. With a brilliant run in such contests, let's crown her the Champion of Puzzles!

The 2nd prize winner of 35 points & Rs.75/- is Venkiteswaran ; the 3rd prize of 30 points & Rs.60/- goes to Dhruv and the 4th prize of 25 points & Rs.50/- goes to Sun.

Congratulations to all the winners! Points & cc will be credited after two days, to give participants time to check & confirm their points. In case of an error, please let us know in a response to this thread itself. Feedback also welcome.

Look out for the next riddle!
    Congratulations to all the winners. Keep it up!
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Oh! I missed it because of 'Tiles' and 'Bottleneck'. Congratulations to all the deserving winners.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I thought the bottle neck meant narrow lane or something. When I checked, I saw that narrow lane is actually a sign. So I put that instead. It also perfectly fits the letter limit.

Gosh. I wish I posted my response earlier. Could have scored a prize.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Congratulations to the winners. I got 21 points. I missed on Switches and bottleneck. Instead of switches, I made it shutters. I guess the symbol as Narrow road instead of a bottleneck. I have seen many places with the symbol given as Narrow road ahead.
    drrao
    always confident

Vandana Mam,
    Could you please check my answer for puzzle No: 8?

Regards
    Rizwan

Congratulations to the winners and the participant, credit goes to ME for the quiz that looks simple at first look but is much more than that.

Syed,

Thanks for your honesty. Your answer for no.8 was incorrect. So Dhruv gets the 3rd prize. Genuinely sorry for the blunder.

I am temporarily locking this thread to re-check the prizes again. Sorry, am embarrassed!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Everyone,

The tally of points has been updated now. Accordingly, Dhruv is the 3rd prize winner and Sun the 4th prize winner. Apologies, again, for the goof-up! Such things should not happen for an official contest.

Most of you gave narrow road as the answer to the road sign, but four of you did give the right answer. Note that narrow road is two words, whereas the answer was a single word. I am attaching the image to this response of the road sign where road work was ongoing. All the photos were taken by me and are not from the Net. I selected them from my various folders of photos.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Delete Attachment

I congratulate Juana for winning first prize in this contest.I congratulate Dhruv and Sun winning respectively the third and fourth prize.
    I am also happy in getting the second prize.I also appreciate all the participants. The participation this time is encouraging, and hope more participants in future contests.

My sincere appreciations to Syed for his excellent sincere attitude in pointing out the mistake in the verification even though he is losing his award by openly telling this. Really a great way. Now, this is time to congratulate the 4th prize winner Sun. Congrats to Dhruv for becoming 3rd prize winner.
    drrao
    always confident

My hearty congratulations to all the winners of the identity puzzle contest. Thank you Vandana Mam for organizing such a contest and thanks to DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao for the appreciation.
    Regards
    Rizwan

My Hearty congratulations to Juana Madam for winning first prize. I also want to congratulate Venkiteswaran, Dhruv and Sun for winning second, third and fourth prizes respectively.
    Thanks Syed for your honesty you have set an examples before us.

Honesty is the best policy.

Congratulations to the winners.

I hadn't expected to win, not that I was unsure of my answers; I was concerned about the timing of my entry since many had posted their responses ahead of mine.

I am not underrating the effort that went into making this puzzle – I realise the time and planning that would have gone into making the puzzle, it is truly laudable. But, I feel that the clues were fairly easy. How about taking the difficulty level a notch higher, the next time, if there is a next time?

Instead of clear images of easily identifiable objects why not show just a part of the image. Here are some examples –

A snapshot of the back of a postage stamp, where just a part of the perforations is clicked. An image of a fruit or vegetable, showing its distinguishable characteristics, like the bumpy skin of a bitter gourd or a close up of railway tracks. These are of course easy clues, but I mention them to illustrate my point.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Hearty congratulations to Juana for being the winner of first prize for this puzzle contest and I also congratulate 2nd prize winner Venkiteswaran, 3rd prize winner Dhruv and the 4th prize winner Sun.
    Regards,
    Ramya

Again 20, but this time with some mistakes.
    I struggled a lot for Railway station but could not make it and was sure about this mistake.
    Regarding Bottleneck, I even searched on google but the actually matching term I found was Narrowing roads.
    So, it's learning with playing!
    Would like to have such contests frequently.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Everyone,

The individual points and cash credits for correct answers have been credited to your responses in the contest announcement thread. In case there is a discrepancy or anyone's response over there got missed out, please let me know. The cash & points of the winners will be credited to their profile account soon.

I would suggest that whenever awards/rewards are credited, members could use the recalculate feature to check if those got credited. That way, if there is an issue, it can be checked at that time itself.

Hearty congratulations to Juana, the winner and to Venkiteswaran sir, Dhruv and Sun for winning the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Prizes respectively! Also, a word of appreciation goes to all the participants.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

A big thank you to each one of you for your congratulatory messages. And thank you Vandana for creating this interesting puzzle.

The cash credits and points have been credited into my account.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Congratulations to All Winners! This Contest was amazing in reality. Hope so Editors will introduce us with a new and amazing contest.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.