You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Athletics

Congratulations, Dipa Karmakar!

You were born in Tripura. The terrible lack of infrastructure did not dishearten you. You worked hard. You practised hard. You missed the bronze by a whisker in the last Olympics. Many people praised you. You took gymnastics to a new height in the country. But you continued practising. You did not allow your body and mind to get diverted.

Yesterday, You have won a gold medal at FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup. You are the first Indian gymnast to win gold in any international competition.

Congratulations, Dipa Karmakar! You have made every Indian proud by your performance. Continue to make us more and more proud.
    Well done, Dipa Karmakar! I caught this news late night yesterday on the Net and was really happy for her. Standing on the winners' podium of an international competition, no less than on the top step, is a super achievement. Wishing her success in the upcoming Asian Games where she will be next competing.

I was searching for a video of this event, but could not locate it. There were just news videos on YouTube with photos of her in earlier competitions. Anybody can please let me know if it is uploaded somewhere?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

it is really a pride movement for the people of the country. Congratulations to Dipa Karmakar. She has reached on the top by her own and there was not a single help from any organization for her. She has never complained about the help and try to get the achievement. Remember God helps them who help themselves. So, God also helps her and she received the Gold medal. We are waiting for the gold medal in Olympic for her.
    God bless her. Best of Luck for future tournaments.

Honesty is the best policy.

It's a great achievement and proud moment for Indian sports fraternity and sports lovers. Congratulations to her.

Congratulations to Dipa Karmakar. It is a real moment to feel proud. You made all the Indians happy with your success in the FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup. You have won a gold medal. You have proved that there is no replacement for hard work in becoming successful. Your hard work only paid you the dividends. You have shown the country that if there is a desire and strong will, anything and everything is possible. I wish you all the best and wish that you should win many more awards and make India proud.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to Dipa Karmakar, Hat's off for her persistence in her endeavor to become the first Indian gymnast to win a gold medal. She was also the first female gymnast to compete in Olympics too.

Congrats Dipa Karmakar, you made the country proud by winning this gold and for yourself this is beginning to outsmart in the field of Gymnastics. Get going.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments