You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Could someone check the Super contributor awards May 18

After reading Mr.Partha's thread about the ranking system, I looked back to last month's awards. This is regarding the super contributor and wizard awards for May 2018. My understanding in the top performer in that section is usually chosen for the wizard or super contributor awards.

During the entire month of May, I had held the 1st place in Ask the experts until yesterday. I had reduced my forum presence and focused on AE section.

I have checked the contributions from 1st May 2018 - 31st May 2018 -

Mr.Natarajan Question Count-Points 103-729
    Dr.Rao Question Count-94-393 points
    Mr.Umesh Question count-69 points 261
    Mr.Hakimuddin K Question Count-27-80 points

Could someone check, please. This is not to discredit the winners but to see if there has been an oversight. I stand corrected if there has been an error is what I have mentioned.
    Natarajan,

There is no oversight. It is not the top performer in terms of points alone which decides the winners of the awards for Wizards and Super Contributors. Other than quality, there are certain other aspects which we are following as per laid-down guidelines for the awards. These aspects cannot be disclosed, though.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I have observed that the super contributing award is generally given to a newly emerging member who contributed the most in that section. In the resource section, Vandana Madam and Juana Madam are the topmost contributors for a long time but I have found that the awards for super contributor are given to some other emerging member. It is my observation and it may be wrong. I think these awards are given to motivate the emerging members of that particular section.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Mr. Hakimuddin, your above response is not factually accurate. I have received this award even after more than two years. But the criteria for selection is not fully known to me as the ME has stated that it is not disclosed.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Please note that the Wizard awards and the Super Contributor awards are different and for both, it is not only new members who get the awards. Long-term contributors, too, are eligible for it.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks Vandana Ji, this thread can be closed now.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.