You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

If any one search for info in Google, at least one mention from India Study Channel should there.

I have a great dream. Not any selfish dream to earn money and get rich. But want to see India Study Channel be rated the best and if any one searches for any information in Google, at least one mention from our side be seen in the first page itself and that would bring great name to our site. Are our members prepared to bring that glory to this site. In this task I call upon even editors to bring wonderful topics of International interest so that Google index them fast and we would have the mention of our site with author's name. How many of you are ready for "Contribute one thread a day" initiative ?
    Very good call from a senior member of the site. He is having a lovely wish and I hope everyone will help him by doing the required. These days when I do some google searches I am finding the items from ISC also. The frequency has increased and I think it will further increase in the coming days with the committed work of the promoters, responsible people and the members. I wish the wish should be fulfilled. I will try my part sincerely. I hope all the other members will also do the same. It is better to keep an eye on the quality also but nor only on quantity. Let us see the response from other members also.
    drrao
    always confident

I appreciate the call of Mr. K Mohan for "Contribute one thread a day" initiative. If the thread/topic is very interesting and discussed among wide range of people then it must feature at the first page of the search engine Google for any search related to that topic. Here technology plays a very important role and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of the keywords used in the thread/topic is required to feature among the first page of a search engine.

I am not much aware of the SEO techniques and hope the technical team of ISC should think of it to make it a success. As a member I will try to be sincere on my part and hope more and more authors should come forward to walk that extra mile.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Thanks Dr Rao and Sankalan at least you two understood the value of raising a thread.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The proposal given by Mr. Mohan is excellent, but it requires a combined effort from all active Members of ISC including the Editors. And this effort must be a long-term effort, not for a period of six months or so.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

No, it will not possible Quora is the best site regarding google search index...
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Good thought sir, for ISC and its members. If the site has excelletn SEO's then it will bring up the data.

Just my personal views

Quality should always be ahead of quantity.

One thread a day is a good idea but it should be meaningful, relavent and encourage members to post replies.

The title and content should match

Contents should be precise without much ramblings and ambiguity

Right now greivances and compliants are all linked into the forum thread. This can be moved to a seperate heading on the blue line tab at the top as 'compliants' or 'greivances.'

In forum threads the same amount of matter in one paragraph will fetch 5 points, where as if we split into two-three short paragraphs, the points or only 3-4. This at times discourages me because, I would have good content broken down so that the reader is happy to read. Instead, if I put it in one paragraph, I would get 5 points but it's not attractive enough for some one to glean the details.

Lastly, the time spent on forum is not worthwhile monetarily, so apart from the regular core group, the rest would not have any enthusiasm or drive to keep posting or replying in the forum.

Natarajan, given the creative thinking among the members of this site, posting one thread is very easy and possible.
    K Mohan

I agree with Sankalan Sir, SEO is the one of the most powerful tool to increase traffic and help to improve ranking of our site ISC as well as we should focus on Content because content help to increase visitors.
    Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Mohan, I found one of your recent threads in the top results in Google. One of my articles also came among the top results in Google.
    Once in a while when I search for something I occasionally see ISC posts in the first or second page results in the search.
    I can guess many authors in ISC are aware of SEO matters and post contents based on those and also evaluating the target audience and highly searched trending contents, adsense hits etc. Such posts are contributed in different sections, though lesser in Forum.

As I do not have such technical knowledge, I try to participate whenever possible, in contests designed by ISC team considering the relevant parameters for visibility and hits earning revenue.

For that matter I am not technically qualified to understand the SEO techniques, what I do is to bring topics of great interest in simple understandable language and that is accepted and indexed.
    K Mohan

A very nice thread reminding all of us about our combined creative power which can bring such a glory to our site in internet.

I believe that if we use specific key words which indicate to current affairs or frequently asked questions or matters of curiosity and common interest or even latest fashions and trends then the traffic to our pages can increase. The internet is full of information emerging from all the places and there is a mixture of important and authentic data as well as a lot of garbage embedded therein.

Search engines are designed in certain novel ways to present the results in best of mode to its users and sites which have more volume of authentic and useful data will come out on the top.

So as a member, if we adopt those techniques and keep the factor, as indicated by the author of this thread, in our mind, the site will definitely progress ahead in the desired direction of popularity.

Let us try it and all the best

Knowledge is power.

As in ISC if there is no revenue sharing program, no Monthly awards and no weekly awards nobody will present in the site as you see the reward programs are lifted in dotnetspider website is almost a dead duck the same fate will come to ISC. If you see Quora they will not give a single rupee even though there are different members participate with the high-class quality content. It is highly impossible to beat quora whether it is ISC or any other site and every member knows this is the truth.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

I am not asking to compete or over take Quora, but to make our site great with quality contribution and that automatically brings our every post indexed by Google.
    K Mohan

• Sign In to post your comments