You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The worst team in cricket is English team!

As there is no attacking bowler or no batsman who can play big innings all are moderate players no fast bowler military medium pace in all three formats they are nowhere considered as international players. Almost all players are migrated from other countries. It looks like an IPL team. The worst team in cricket is the English team! Knowledgeable members, please respond to the question
    "A new series starts, obnoxious comments begin to arrive". This is my well-researched opinion.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Well the old English players were really go getters and their performance in Ashes series were mind blowing. But over the period of time the old timers has to give way for new ones and unfortunately locally the board could not identify great talents and thus accepted migrated talent. And we know those who do not belong to a country and yet asked to play for it, the belonging wise would be missing and thus we can see underrated performance. But I am surprised that the country which brought the cricket game to the world is playing so poorly and nil. Its better to close their board.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is the same team which scored World Record score of 481–6 against Australia on Jun 19 2018. Losing to strong Indian team doesn't mean that England team is worst. In fact they are one of the best teams in present days. In fact they are No 1 team in ODI rankings.

" And we know those who do not belong to a country and yet asked to play for it, the belonging wise would be missing and thus we can see underrated performance". I am not agreeing with this statement. Once the player gets admitted into a team, as a true player he should give importance to the team for which he is playing but not his nationality. A true sports person will do that. If You take an example of Rayudu, he belongs to Hyderabad or AP. But he played for another team in IPL. But against Hyderabad, he never missed any chance to score runs.

During the 1970s and 1980s, England team is on the top and their bowlers were very effective. I know those days how badly our teams are facing those bowlers. But that skilled people never tried to pass on those techniques to the next generation.

drrao
    always confident

Why my references for substantiating my claim got deleted in my previous response? I have not given any clickable links but I have provided only two URLs in which one showing how England scored 481–6 against Australia and the other showing the current ODI rankings of ICC in which England team is No 1 team.
    I know we should not provide clickable links in Forum section but I surely know that we can provide URLs for reference.

As I did not get any response from any Editor, I presume it was an accidental deletion. I am providing these URLs again. As an ardent cricket follower I am proud that India beat No 1 team in the World.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18021/scorecard/1119539/england-vs-australia-3rd-odi-aus-in-eng-2018/
    https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/team-rankings/odi

We can provide URLs if necessary according to these Forum guidelines as mentioned by Vandana madam.
    http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/131404-How-to-participate-in-Forum-activities-at-IndiaStudyChannelcom.aspx

And yet they won the second match against India and that too with a convincing margin! Will the author now, as usual, allege match fixing?
    'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Sir, what is the relationship of that event of the Champions Trophy final with England being a 'weak' team? How do you co-relate the incident with your obnoxious opinion indicated in this thread?

Bhushan accept the fact that you have wrongly gauged the potential of English players. In games the other teams may be opponent and may be hindrance to our team victory and for that reason we have no right degrade them,.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The author is trying to divert the topic. If we don't like some person and if that person is achieving some greater heights, we should also try to reach to that heights. We should not pull his legs so that he falls to our level. By demeaning the English team, the author tried to prove that Indian team is also a weak team. But yesterday's match showed that both the teams are on par with each other and both are at their peaks as these teams are No 1 and No 2 in the ICC ranking.

The author has a pre-conceived notion. He is still in the late nineties when two-three Indian players were involved in match-fixing controversies. He doesn't understand that 20 years have passed since then and India is now one of the top teams in all three formats of the game.

And such threads are being encouraged by allowing these to remain open.

#642166 If you know cricket, please comment otherwise do not comment as you are telling people who played in 90's are not good players only by politics and money they came to an International arena. If Indian players are not well enough to play international matches(except one or two) then how they got selected in International matches. I will write all the players here who play in 90's (Javagal Srinath 1991-2003). Sourav Ganguly(1992-2007). Sachin Tendulkar(1989-2012). Mohammad Azharuddin(1989-2000).Rahul Dravid(1996-2011).Anil Kumble(1990-2007).Kapil Dev(1978-1994). All these players are world record holders and played together in the 90's and they are many more...
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

No, Sir. Out of 125 crores, you and only you understand cricket.

As you understand cricket, kindly let me know which world record(s) is/are held by Srinath, Ganguly and Kumble for example?

Partha, your legendary team lost the series with an ordinary English team(except a few players like Joe Root and David Willey).

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.