You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

Is it true? Has Jyotiraditya Scindia insulted Hindus?

This has been reported by News Tak digital channel and Jansatta newspaper. Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia was travelling from Khajuraho to Rewa in Madhya Pradesh. While he was passing through the town of Panna, his car was stopped by some Congress workers who welcomed him by giving him a coconut covered with sindoor (vermillion). This signifies that the coconut was the 'prasad' from any nearby temple.

Scindia accepted the coconut but while he was exiting the city, threw it away. As per the report, this act was noticed by an on-duty policeman who hid the coconut between his feet so that the coconut was not noticed by the local people who are deeply religious.

The video has become viral. If this is a true incident, it would cause further embarrassment to the Congress which is already reeling under ''Congress is a Muslim Party'' controversy.
    Yes Jyotiraditya has insulted the sentiments of Hindus. I have seen this new video in which he has thrown a red cloth covered with prasad on the road which was given by the well wishers . The media persons present there have captured the video and it is even viral on social media. What I feel that every Congress man has become the confidant and sympathiser of a community to which they feel they are the crusaders and well wishers. But on the other hand the same community wont believe the antecedents of Congress which always promised the moon and delivered nothing. Just wearing the skull cap the Congress leaders feel that they are the messiah of that particular community. However the modern educated people of the same community have understood the ulterior motives of the Congress all these years and they are switching preference to ruling party at the center.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Not exactly an insult. He never really said or did anything offending. He merely threw a coconut away. Imagine you are a congressman. You are on your way to meet some great ministers. Does a coconut in your hand look good? Yes he could have passed the coconut to the policeman or to the driver. But he didn't. Maybe it didn't occur to him. He took the Prasad to not hurt the sentiments of locals and threw it while exitting the city.
    I think this incident should not be made that big of a deal.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Mr. Aditya Mohan: A very small advice to you. It is not very fashionable to ignore/insult/ ridicule the symbols of our culture and heritage. Ridiculing our own culture won't get you respect from others. Don't get ensnared in the trap set by Indian liberals. Try to respect the symbols of culture. No community disrespects its own culture.

You may get cash credit from liberal Editor for your liberal answer, but that does not endear you to common people (real aam-admi).

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Whether he is going for a meeting or wants to meet some one. He is the tall leader for Congress and the supporters and well wishers see him in that angle and for that sake he should have respected the sentiment.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There will be many people around him. He can hand over it someone who was around him, instead of throwing it. Many of these leaders will attend the religious functions of other religions and try to impress them for votes. But as mentioned by Mohan those religion people will never have confidence in these party people and they will go as they like. I think it is high time all Hindus should understand the direction in which the country will travel under these people and they should act wisely to prevent these people from doing so.
    drrao
    always confident

We have many problems. One of these is extremely short memories. We tend to forget the behaviour/attitude of these politicians very quickly. Please remember these incidents and understand their true nature.

Partha@642156, I feel your response to Aditya Mohan is an over reaction and bit too harsh.He has only said his view. He may not be even half our age. Naturally he may lack exposure and experience of years we have put in.
    But I think he has presented his side well. Let us respect that even if it may be at variance to what you or I may think.
    Even I agree that on the outside, prima facie it does not indicate any deliberate disrespect and appears just a normal action. Aditya Mohan also interpreted it that way . So not necessary to blame him.

In every action and words politicians send signals. So we can see there are many signals in this act also. It will be understood by the target audience. Even the present mater can also be interpreted in any way depending on one's political stand. Though I do not ascribe the present act of Scindia to that, in general, Congress is not sure of its traditional support base , and it has to depend on the support of those parties which are anti-BJP and who also depend on block Muslim votes , Congress is trying to get benefit from that angle. Now that the Scindia's action got publicity, some may use that also in private for their benefit.

But my take in this that it is better not to give mileage to the political acts by giving more publicity . If these things can be ignored then they become damp squib. What the politician want is maximum publicity and controversy. Should we also help that?

I understand and appreciate your religious adherence Partha. But you know what I saw first? A series of question marks in your thread
    And a question mark urges me to take a side and answer. So I did.
    I'm an atheist Partha. I am very well versed with Indian mythos and traditions but I don't really revere them. Just like I don't revere thermodynamics. I study thermodynamics. I also study mythology and history. They are objects of my interest. I instead respect an individual's free will. I felt that comfort is more important than sentiments. So my answer went that way.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Aditya Mohan, I think you are needlessly tying yourself in difficult knots by your own words.
    When we try to go on explaining and elaborating we may happen to commit errors and wander away from the core. Hence please stick to the minimum and optimum.

Mr. Aditya Mohan: I very well understand that you are an atheist. But do you (or any other atheist) have the right to insult the belief of religious people? Do you dare to give this treatment to the religious symbol of any other religion?

Introspect before answering the questions.

This event and thread is a glaring example of how not to be for the 'Public figures'.

Any public figure or celebrity has every right to do what he or she feels but when they are amidst people they need to have a high level of common sense to conduct themselves in a way that they do not offend a section of people or give room of such discussions.

Even if he doesn't believe in such traditions, it would have been dignified to keep the coconut in the car itself and then proceed with his events for the day. People like the author would be justified in feeling angry.

Mr. Natarjan: Not only me. Those who gave the coconut to Scindia with many good wishes and those witnessed the incident feel angry. He is nothing but an insensitive scion of ruling Maharajas.

• Sign In to post your comments