You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

The thread looks awkward

Members,
    These days, Editors make a thread to look awkward by deleting the contents of the response, leaving the name of the author without any content. The thread with such empty responses really looks awkward to the readers.

What I suggest is - If the Editor is not happy with the response, either he should edit and modify the contents suitably, or remove the entire response including the name of the author.

Just have a look at my thread -" What has gone wrong with my laptop". Many responses from SuN, Neeraj and Partha look odd with no content).

Members, What do you say?
    I note that 10 points have been deducted from my yesterday's score. I was trying to find out which response of mine was so objectionable. Most probably this thread of yours gives the answer. Let me check.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Yes I agree with the author that if the response is not liked or not in tow with the thread, the editors must suitably edit or remove the response citing not conforming to the thread.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hi, SuN you are right if response is deleted then deleting it completely is good idea. Otherwise it look awkward and consuming unnecessary space. I have experienced it many times.
    Regards
    Kamal

And those who read such contents for the first time as the net user they also think otherwise about this site and its members. So it is better to follow what the author said.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The suggestion is good. But how far it is practicable is to be seen and decided by the webmaster and the team of Editors. If the name is also removed there may be a problem in totalling the points, I think.
    drrao
    always confident

Mr.SuN, I had seen the thread earlier and now. Mr.Partha's helpful reply relevant to the title thread has been given CC. The thread got sidetracked with the curiosity regarding your suspension etc. If I'm not wrong, the cc reply also has been modified.

Just my views.
    I think the editors have been fair and I don't see the need to change because the deleted responses would be a gentle visual reminder to me and others that, if I sidetrack or hijack a thread, I stand to lose points and deletion of my content.

Sun, Welcome back!

I would not say whether it is fair or unfair, because no one knows exactly what is fair and unfair here. Sometimes the deletion happens because of a different viewpoint. We need to understand that even we do not have five fingers equal in our body part, here we are talking about hundreds of members views. Obviously, it differs from person to person.

However, take it as part of the parcel in ISC as you will never get the clarifications about it and it is not mandatory to the editor to keep providing it to everyone, after all, they are too a member and voluntary working.

SuN
    What is the problem in it?
    Once the thread is responded and kept open for one or two days, then all the responses can be deleted. Who cares?

I love chocolates and ice creams!

Neeraj,
    Won't you think what has gone wrong with the member's response to get deleted without any notification like 'Response deleted as it was against Admin policies'. Without such notification, will not the author worry about it? The notification should say - Response deleted. The author sidetracked the thread or went off the topic.". Let the thread have some inner wear(Notification)

ISC should think about it rather than leaving it blank with no remarks.

No life without Sun

Mr. Neeraj: If your own response is given such treatment, won't you feel curious to know the reason? If you are a 'good Member', won't you try to know the reason behind it so that you don't commit the same mistake in future?

Mr. SuN is also trying to know the reasons.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I don't know what to say! Just now i saw my response in this thread given CC. I have just said what has been said by many members and recently uttered by LE Mr Patro. Its confusing, when I want my words should be heard, its getting deleted or ignored but once I say something which suport editors or their opinion, I get CC.

I am sorry to say that this kind of action only mislead to members and they will go appeasing to editors to get cc.

I have already requested in one of my thtead and requesting again that please don't provide me CC unnecessarily unless I won a contest, or post and article or answer in AE question.

It just irked me and nothing else. Hope my opinion should be taken in right spirit for the betterment of ISC.

Do you really feel that it is awkward? Consider it as a reminder. If a response by a member is deleted, he/ she should be reminded that he/ she has not posted a relevant or meaningful response.

And Jeet, your response was not rewarded for supporting the editorial team. You have been awarded a cc for being fair. Please do understand that we, as editors, don't stand to gain or lose by giving points or cc. Do you consider yourself as someone special in relation to other members? We don't.

Do not answer me here to avoid the topic being diverted.

'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

Why can't I answer you here? When you can say your opinion, let me say here it too or will you allow me to open a new thread to answer you?

"Do you consider yourself as someone special in relation to other members? "

You commented the above sentence and directed it to me. So Mr. Ganesh, this is not only in ISC but worldwide a known fact that I am not special to ISC admin or editor and I don't need to prove it when everyone here knows it. However, I have seen editors trying to please members so that they can stand with them. At least this way they can get the gain.

Don't message or reply it to a thread when you yourself setting a rules not to divert the thread.

"Please members'? Why should we? The remark is so demeaning and discouraging that we, as the members of the editorial team, need to submit our inability to function to Tony sir. Let us have the opinion of other members in this regard.

We had already received a suggestion to change the editors in another thread. Can we have some volunteers, please?

'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

Saji, we often talk that Editors are equal to each member, so there should not be demanding from editor side that only "he" or "she" can say his opinion. We members are here, and posting our contents in this site. We cannot be sidelined just in the name of "rules" and regulations and "not to disagree with the editor. If editors are important, so the members for ISC.

Jeet Singh, my query as to 'please members' has not been answered. What did you mean? Be forthright. Can you name the 'pleased members' please?

As if you don't know!

There are many instances in ISC, when the other members have the question about the cc provided to members. Even showing one's frustration has got "cc" here. Here, I may be "fair" as you have said, but nothing "unique" I have in my words. Isn't be better if we provide cc to unique opinion instead of only supporting the views of editors.

This thread has become really awkward. In addition to awarding CC to the members response, Editor Saji should have responded to my query. And he diverted this topic to take care of member. He should have deleted the members response and directed him to raise his query in a separate thread. Editor Saji poses question to a member and asks him not to respond here. Then what was the need to ask a question?

Let us put this thread on the right track. Editor Saji, please respond to this thread sincerely like a sincere editor.

Remember, you are also a member as well as Editor.

No life without Sun

Sun, I do think that I have posted a convincing reply at #642700. I don't have any other answer to your query.

Please do not ask for something that is not possible.

And regarding diversion, I am sorry, but I could not help it!

I do feel that it's a good arrangement on the ISC side to put a check post so as to keep reminding the contributors with the selective along with the suitable posts which is within the guidelines of this forum. I do feel minding my own business so as to keep up with the busy schedule in my life. I don't feel awkward with this because I have already agreed to the terms & conditions of this site before being allowed to post my views here. However, the ISC can find this as a suggestion in order to implement or else this doesn't make any difference to us as any of the thread will continue to live for few days only before finally this gets locked.

Saji,
    Instead of deleting the response and leaving it blank, the editor should put in his remarks in one or two words. 'Response deleted due to irrelevant details/ Response deleted due to inappropriate words/ Response deleted due to indecent language'. Such remarks from an editor will surely become a reminder to the author." Otherwise, it will stand as an empty response. The readers would think that the author has not responded or responded and deleted.

This need to be taken care of by ISC.

No life without Sun

Sun, can we lock this thread now? With your permission?

I reiterate my point at #642700 and am closing the thread as a further explanation is not deemed necessary in this case.

Of course, why not? By all means.
    No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.