You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Who says they are heartless?

We always think Policemen (and women) are corrupt. They are heartless. These hapless Policemen and Policewomen work for our safety and security. They try to help us in many ways. But we give them bad names.

Assistant Sub-Inspector Nagesh R in Bengaluru Electronic City Police Station found a newborn abandoned baby near a construction site. The baby was found with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. The ASI brought the baby to the Police Station and handed him over to another Police Official, Ms. Archana. The lady Police Officer breastfed the child. The baby has survived.

Ms. Archana said: "It appeared that the baby was born a few minutes back. The baby started crying and being a mother, I sensed he was hungry. I took him and fed him and he stopped crying. It felt like I was feeding my son."

Who says that the Police Officials are heartless? My salute to the two great Police Officials of Bengaluru.
    I think it has more to do with humanity rather than a goodhearted act done by two people because they were wearing a particular uniform.

But, this is old news, I remember reading about it on Yahoo, I think. There is a lot of good in people, and there are a lot of good people around. It is heartening to hear such news that lifts your spirits, makes you happy and thankful for humanity and gentle souls. Otherwise, the terrible news of rapes, and murders and lynching etc. are so disturbing. They shake your conscience and make you wonder what has man (woman) come to.

I have not kept track of the further developments. Did the baby find a home or did the policewoman get to keep the infant? Was the mother found and charged? What a ghastly thing to do to a helpless child – that to your own flesh and blood.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Wow what a gesture which is above the humanity. We generally think that police are ruthless and fear about them, but they are also human beings and have the feelings of the same. Good gesture on the part of both police officers and they must be rewarded for that. Now that the child was found abandoned and the police officer fed the child, she can keep the child with her in the greater interest of the child. Because if the child is kept in any homes,. then duplicate claimant will be queue up. So my suggestion is the best and the lady police officer must rear the child hence forth.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes. It is a very good gesture on the part of the two officials. The police officers are also human beings and they will also have emotions and affections. Not all human beings are bad and all are not good. Same is the case with the police also. We should not generalise that all the police officials are not humanitarian. A police officer should be good with the people in the problem and they should be tough with the erring people. But how such a small baby was abandoned by the parents. Really such parents are not human beings.
    We should appreciate the police officers who responded very humanly and taken care of the just born baby and given him life.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments