You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Rahul Gandhi hugs the PM and makes history

The otherwise serious issues that takes place in the Parliament was forgotten for a while when the Congress was given a chance to speak on the no confidence motion and the Rahul Gandhi literally stole the show first by a wink which was well covered by all the television channels and also his famous hug with PM Narender Modi which testifies that politics is different and when it comes to respect , hugging is the best way to express the inner happiness. For the first time I have seen a happy Rahul Gandhi today.
    Mr. Mohan, I think you have not seen what our Parliament speaker has said about this issue. Later she has said that it was not necessary to create such Drama, you can hug outside of the parliament and not inside when some serious discussion or debate is going on. In the Parliament Mr. Modi is a PM and not friend Modi.

For me it was looked as a childish act and purely immaturity shown by the MP. It was as if Mr. Pappu trying to become Munnabhai to provide "Jadu ki Jhappi".

But a history has been created and that is what I am saying.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is not a correct way to show his respect in the Lok Sabha. In Lokshanbha he is the opposition leader and Modi is PM. So greeting each other is correct but hugging appears a little more than required. On the other day when an MP of YSRCP touched the feet of Modi in the Parliament a lot of reaction happened. If Rahul really wants to so his affection and respect to Modi he can do that outside but not in the Loksabha that too when PM is sitting in his seat in Lok Sabha. It may be a history but may not be a good practice.
    drrao
    always confident

If you see the video carefully the PM Modi was really taken aback for his rare gesture from Rahul Gandhi.
    K Mohan

Even I have seen the scene of hugging in the Television channel. But I don't want to comment on this. When Rahul was returning back, PM Narendra Modi called Rahul again and made a handshake and told something to Rahul. I think Modi might have told Rahul that you must do like this (handshake) instead of hugging. My this comment is only for sarcasm.

The hugging could have been appreciated by one and all. But the sly wink totally changed the perspective.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

It's a wonderful scenario and all the television channels covered it with every details. I have heard that he was fuming in his speech over certain issues and after completing the speech he hugged the PM. Maybe he became too emotional after sudden outburst or he spoke about something absolutely out of context for which there was a guilt feeling inside. Anyway, many politicians expressed their views, mainly criticizing the hug, even the Prime Minister was a bit surprised by the move, but it was a good show.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Had Rahul retained the hug and not involved in that sly wink, his face could have been brave. But he lost.
    K Mohan

Although the Lead Editor has ordered to discuss the No-confidence motion in this thread, I feel that this particular thread only deals with a particular action of a particular MP during the discussion in the Parliament.

So, most humbly and respectfully, I feel that this is not a ideal thread to discuss the overall impact of a No-confidence motion. I request the Managing Editor to look into the matter, unlock my thread ''A very huge loss of face!'' and restore my points in that thread.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    K Mohan

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

#642775, Exactly, you said is correct. It is indeed a history!

This kind of foolish act never happened in the Parliament when the entire country was looking on. It felt as if the recent movie "Sanju" has created a very strong impression on the said MP. However, we expect that such childish activities should be stopped for some serious action in the future.

The Congress President hugging PM in the LS and after that his actions show the immaturity of the person. Everybody criticized his actions. His behaviour in the LS has given an indication that they are not really taken this no-confidence motion seriously. They wanted to use this occasion for criticising the government.
    Telugu Desam, M.P. Jayadev made an excellent presentation and he showed the voice of the AP people in the LS. The way in which he presented the problems is appreciated by all. But unfortunately, the government is not responded properly. They have talked very generally and confirmed that they can't give special status.
    The way in which PM reacted to the points raised by Congress is to be appreciated. He has answered point by point. He tried to justify their stand about AP, but it will not go positively in the minds of AP people. Everyone in the LS accepted that the division of the state is not done properly. Everybody says there is a problem for AP. But the government couldn't give any thrust for bringing up this state.

drrao
    always confident

Partha,

As per your request, I looked at your thread. The text of your thread clearly emphasizes the wink and the hug, both of which are mentioned in this thread. You can discuss the no-confidence issue also in this thread itself since it occurred on the same day & is part of all that drama.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Mr. Jeet Singh: Can you expect intelligent or prudent act from a foolish person? It is our mistake to expect these for such a person.

The more the Rahul Gandhi comes into actions the more he shows about his immaturity & this is quite evident from what the Speaker has said about him. There is nothing as such which we can refer as "history is created". During public rallies he goes on abusing the PM & the post but while being inside the Parliament he hugs the PM. The session should have been meaningful & this time again the opposition has shown themselves in a very doubtful situation while at the same time not able to digest the consequences.

Partha, we know. Only an immature or child can make a statement in public on the conversation between him and a country's President, that too without any evidence. And, for that, the country is forced to release their statement against him. This kind of small incident can create a hugely embarrassing situation for India worldwide. One should know what he/she is talking or acting in the Parliament that too when cameras are on to public.

I still don't get the logic of doing this. Being Rahul Gandhi a member of Parliament, has approached to the PM seat simply to hug him. He is already a wastage & so let's stop discussing about him.

Actually he went to the seat of PM and gestured to get up so that he can hug, but PM does not respond and that forced Rahul to hug him.
    K Mohan

Mr Mohan, if a student goes to Headmaster seat, do you expect that headmaster should stand up for the student?

But again when a opposition leader comes to the seat of PM , he should have got up and welcomed him.
    K Mohan

I am surprised to think what our Prime Minister, Narendra Modi might have said to Rahul Gandhi while patting him on his back. Does he told Rahul to be more mature or just said have confidence on me? I am still trying to guess.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Mohanji, it would be better if you watch those video again and listen to the Speaker what she said and then come to discussion. Just repeating again and again same thing can only able to pull your thread up unnecessarily.

What must have been transpired between Modi and Rahul is the wild guess. Modi would have told Rahul that you are two times young and must do much home work to match me ?
    K Mohan

Theatrics in politics is common but as a leader of a once great party and the leader of the opposition, Mr.Rahul Gandhi should have had the common sense to be more dignified.

Gesturing, hugging, winking would be ok or even good at an informal party or lunch/dinner meeting of all political leaders but not when the house is in session. As a prominent politician whose words, antics, conduct is closely scrutinised by the media and public, he(Rahul) should be more careful and avoid losing face like this on national and social media platforms.

• Sign In to post your comments