You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

A very huge loss of face!

First 'jadu ki jhappi' (hug), then a sly wink. Later point-by-point rebuttal. And last but not the least, division over the proposal. What is the result? 126 against 325. But why the loss of face?

The total number of NDA members in the current Lok Sabha is 315. How many votes against the motion? 325. So, from where did these additional 10 votes come? The answer is simple. TRS or AIADMK members have voted against the motion.

After this 'no-confidence' motion, the effort to bring opposition unity will go haywire. It is a huge loss of face.

I was surprised by the dramatics of Rahul Gandhi in the morning. I am impressed by the point-by-point rebuttal of Narendra Modi at night. Excellent!
    The no confidence motion was moved to gauge the present situation and I feel the speaker did the right thing by accepting the motion for discussion. Now the situation is clear to the opposition members and hope the monsoon session will be a fruitful one. If the opposition again stages drama in rage of the defeat by walking out of the house, as done in previous sessions, then it will be a matter of serious concern after today's loss of face.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Wow I was watching the point by point rebuttal by Prime Minister Narender Modi was not even allowed and frequently heckled by the Congress party MP's and that shows their desperation of being humiliated by the PM on the national media as every Tv was carrying the live telecast and thus Congress has lost the big face and the way the PM cornered Rahul and Sonia, I could see the reactions of Sonia Gandhi as if she wants to say something but retracting. And the surprise hug from Rahul I thought was a great gesture, but later when he winked, that turned out to another ploy to defame the PM. One thing is sure , the PM got enough time slay the opposition who raised this no confidence motion just to defeat a performing government. And the way he rebuked the TDP and white washed Chandrababu Naidu is once again made known to the people of AP.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This topic may please be discussed here.
    'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.