You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Permanent on consolidated pay in professorship in Engg. college

Am I elligible for permanent lecturer/Professorship with consolidated payment in B.Tech degree engineering colleges as per UGC/AICTE norms as I am B.E (Civil Engg.1974) from Calcutta University with 40 years industrial experiences and Post Graduate Diploma in Env. Management (2009) and PhD in Env. Science (2017) from Kalyani University. I am 64 years old and as per UGc norms I can work upto 70 years. Please suggest.
    You are a PhD and aged 64 years. So you are eligible for lecturer post with UGC scales. There will not be any problem. But when you are in a private college, they will not make you permanent and you will not get a salary in summer. As per the UGC norms you have required qualification and experience to become a professor. But as you are already crossed 60 years you may not get a post in government colleges or Universities. But private universities and colleges will take you as per their norms and scales. Whether to make you a permanent lecturer or part-time temporary lecturer is in the hands of the management of the particular college.
    drrao
    always confident

Thank you Dr.N.V.Srinivasa Rao for your suggestion.
    I would also like to know whether I am elligible for teaching in B.Tech (Civil Engg.) course in Private Engg colleges as my basic degree in B.E (Civil Engg) but PGD (Env.Mgmt) and PhD(Env.Science) under faculty of Science. Please suggest.

As far as my knowledge goes you will be eligible to teach Environmental science paper for civil engineers also. Civil Engineering graduates have to study a subject related to environmental sciences and Prof. T Sivaji Rao of Andhra University used to deal with this subject. I think you can opt for teaching this subject. Just approach any good college with your credentials and definitely, they will consider.
    drrao
    always confident

Thank you Dr.N.V.Srinivasa Rao for your suggestion.

• Sign In to post your comments