You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The hidden truth beneath “terms & conditions apply”.

The different brands & the different schemes comes-up with an attractive packages which makes us believe in those brands & products as well as with the services but there is a section, "terms & conditions apply", which keeps ourselves on a back foot.

For every internet sites including with the investment & banking services to that of buying & selling of commodities we are bound to face such strategic acts.

Do you have any interesting incidences on to this? Pl. share.
    These terms and conditions will be so elaborate we don't have patience even to read all of them. We will skip those items and we never take part in such schemes feeling that somewhere there will be some twist for these schemes and offers. Generally, I skip such schemes. Once My friend made me accept for Amway products. I purchased the products from him. But they are costly and we can't promote those products easily. Hence I stopped further proceeding in that line. They are all link markets.
    drrao
    always confident

Whenever I come across any offers or discounts, I first see for the hidden terms and conditions and there is any asterisk mark then I shy away from the offers.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I do not have such experience with buying products but recently, I recharged my network with package worth Rs.169 which was valid for 28 days. The package offers unlimited calls and 1GB data for 28 days. Suddenly, one day I was not able to make a call and shocked that I did not have enough balance to make a call. I was freaked out because, I still have time for the package to expire.

When I contacted customer support, they say I do not have any existing offers on my number. I just checked out the offer details and there it is, the so called terms and conditions. As per these terms and conditions, for me the offer is valid for 14 days.

I was disappointed to foolishly spend Rs.169 for just 14 days.

• Sign In to post your comments