You must Sign In to post a response.
Ever wanted to pen a poem for a friend? Here’s an opportunity to write new and original poems as an ode to friendship and win a cash prize for it.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Best new 2018 Friendship Day poems – write one, win a prize!

For this year's Friendship Day, here's an opportunity to bring out your lyrical and musical creative skills!

Instructions and Rules:
    1. Write an original poem (it can be a song as well) in English which conveys friendship in a meaningful way.
    2. Submit your entry in Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel >> Competition Entries. Then submit the URL with a link to your poem's thread in a response to this thread (Learn how to create a hyperlink).
    3. The poem/song should be a minimum of 16 lines and a maximum of 24 lines. You can write it as a whole, with all lines at one go, or break it up in whatever way you wish to; such as four verses of four lines each or 10 verses of two lines each, etc.
    4. The title of the poem must include the word 'Friend' or 'Friends' and/or 'Friendship'. The title should not be more than seven words.
    5. Do not put short forms of words or slang or anything indecent, otherwise, you will be disqualified from this contest and from the subsequent two contests.

The Prizes:
    1. The best two poems will each win Rs.125/- and a Certificate of Creativity from our virtual gift shop.
    2. Second prize: Rs.100/- and the bouquet of flowers from our virtual gift shop.
    3. Third prize: Rs.75/- and the bunch of fresh flowers from our virtual gift shop.

We may also award consolation prizes. All participants may be given enhanced points & cc, depending on the quality of their entry. Winners will get 10 points for their entries, with their main awards credited to their account.

An important reminder: Some of you have lost out on the main awards in previous contests due to ignoring the rules. So read them (don't skim over them!) and then only submit your entry. You may change your poem, in part or wholly, any time before the closing date. You are requested to give a link to this thread at the end of your poem so that visitors & other ISCians are aware that it is an entry for a contest.

Closing date: 1st August 2018. Winners will be announced on Friendship day, which is on 5th August this year.

Queries about the contest may be posted in a response to this thread.
    Here is my entry:
    An unexpected friend

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Here is my poem. dedicated to the best friend I have ever had -

Casper, my friend, do you remember?"

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

My entry for Friendship day-Poem contest

A journey of friendship!

Here is the contribution from my end.

Friends are for ever

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My entry for the contest is here:
    Life is nothing without friends .

Honesty is the best policy.

My entry for this contest is Freshers in College to Friends for Life.

I have also made a small attempt. My entry for this contest is
    A true friend of my life.

drrao
    always confident

By Determination one can Accomplish anything

By Determination one can Accomplish anything

Hi,

This is my entry for competition
    Friends, friendship, fraction and fun

My entry for the competition
    Socailly connected friends

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Please find below my entry for this contest-
    Friends- Treasure of life

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Friends, friendship, fraction and fun

here is my entry for competition.

Please find my entry for the contest below:

Friend in need is a friend indeed

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.