You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

An unexpected friend

This poem is the third prize winner of the 2018 Friendship day poem contest.

I was having thoughts too hard to expel
    Making my life miserable as hell
    That was the moment you called out to me
    Even my name sounded like a sweet melody.

You were random person I caught online
    who soon became a good friend of mine.
    I concluded from all the time we spent :
    You are better than my real life friends.

I had a talkative heart. You had eager ears.
    One text from you and my sadness disappears.
    A healthy relationship that we had.
    You listened as I taught you facts.

Whenever I was stricken with grief
    You lightened me up with your mischief
    A friend, a student, a companion for life
    I am so glad I found you Anamika.
    My entry for Friendship day poems
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Friends are for ever and this has been aptly said by the author. By the way submit the link in the main thread which is raised for seeking entries to the Friendship topic.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I like the poem. The author has beautifully described the basic features of online friendship. He has aptly chosen the name also, Anamika. Really good!
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Nice poem . I really admirep people who are creative and can explain the facts and mysteries of life so easily, simply and effectively.
    Poems are such beautiful expressions of simple and complex ideas that has to ability to touch a reader's heart in a special way.

A beautiful poem. The creative skills of the author are well reflected in this composition and the subtle relationship with an unknown online friend are well depicted.

In this digital world a friend could be an entity physically far from us but his thoughts are present in his message which is present on the screen soothing and consoling us.

Knowledge is power.

Very beautiful poem!
    The emotions are expressed in simple words and the whole story conveyed in a small poem.
    I enjoyed reading it.
    All the best!

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Thank you everyone. Haha Partha. Anamika is a real person, so not much of a free will was there in choosing. She's my best friend despite being far away in Bihar.
    I haven't been speaking to her lately so I came up with this poem as a tribute to her.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

A lovely narration Aditya, true to your high creativity that I/we have seen in your earlier poetry narrations.

Having a friend who is just a friend (irrespective of what others conclude) is a unique gift, you can literally use them as your mirror to reflect on your thoughts, views and conduct and expect nothing in return but what is good for you.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.