You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Members! Please note that the last date has been extended

The last date of filing Income Tax return for the Assessment Year 2018-19 was earlier 31st July, 2018. But yesterday evening, the Income Tax Department has announced that the deadline has been extended for another one month. So, those who have not started preparing their documents to file the Income Tax return will get some more time (breathing space) to do the same.

I filed my return on 8th July, 2018. Today morning, when I opened my e-mail account, I found that my return has been accepted. The refund claim has also been accepted. This means that the returns are nowadays being checked very quickly and claims are being settled early. It is really good. We must appreciate the Income Tax department for this.
    I have also submitted my return already on 14th July 2018. Still, it is not verified. My elder son's tax has been verified and accepted. He got back the excess amount paid in his bank account. My second son and my wife are also waiting for getting the approval. The returns are being scrutinised very fast and actions are taken very quickly. Good going indeed.
    drrao
    always confident

A good information forwarded by the author which is really very helpful for those who are otherwise under pressure of filing the IT return by the earlier stipulated date of 31st July.

It is very true that now a days tax returns are being processed very fast which shows that governance in this area has really improved a lot. The credit goes to sturdy digital systems also. The idea that digital governance can bring a lot of improvement in the system has definitely some merit and this is high time that Govt should embrace the digital technologies in all the areas like land records, property registration, RTO works etc.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments