You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

When you need to explain your explanations

Vandana,

I am raising this thread, to respond to the question posed to me, in this thread. The thread has been locked without allowing me to respond, which is unjust since the final comment does not 'stick to the topic' either.

"You have dissected my comments without properly understanding what is stated, - doesn't this apply to you, as well?!" - you quoted me

My comment was made in context to your statement, @ 643546 - "Do we really need to dissect the topic in this fashion?"

I had also added the following before my quoted comment -"Do we really need to dissect the topic in this fashion, you ask. Why not? Why are you reluctant to have another opinion? You have dissected my comments without properly understanding what is stated, instead of giving your views on why you think it is not objectification of women".
    Since this thread has posted on the forum and open to discuss, I need to say something.

Shutting members mouth forcefully and closing a thread without allowing other members to say his/her own opinion is nothing new in ISC. We have suggested and complaint many a time. However, only a few occasion, we had seen that members are allowed to say his/her last say before closing the thread. But, now again this has started where they shut the thread or member to even say their opinion.

Are we here to obeyed the editor's opinion? Don't we have our own "freedom of speech" to say what we feel or see from our own point of views?

The said thread was going smoothly until the jumping jack of our own LE came from nowhere to support members who belong to his zone! This is nothing new and it happening from since a long time but if anyone says this or point out this, he/she become the villain, then he/she breaks all the rule and regulations.

Why can't editor accept our own opinion instead of throwing their own way of thinking?

Editors and the member should not come to the conclusion that I am saying this because I have differences in the work or thought or opinion of the editors but should think from their own broad mind that why I am saying this. Anyway, we have very few people left in ISC who can protest editors if anything goes wrong.

Just recently in one of the OMG thread of this author, both ME and LE has poured all the praising words, suddenly what happened that she is not allowed say her own opinion? Is not a big difference on editors words and action?

Everyone has their own way of thinking and seeing a subject, I am sorry to say but the ISC editors want everyone to think and see the way they look into all matters.

I am fed up with the abrupt ending of the forum. Like what Jeets said, the editors are viewing the contents from their angle and even one single anti response comes, they lock the thread as if the author has committed grave mistake. By doing such cheap practice, we are forced to shy away from the forum and not active some time. By the way when other forums are discussing issues very frankly, why ISC editors are always with wand forcing on us to mend ways. We are all grown up and our site also gets respect in the society. Common, editors be mature, and allow the threads to live for somedays, do not make murder of threads.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I have raised the issue many a time. I was not in agreement with Ms. Juana in that thread. But I do not support the action of the Editor to abruptly lock any thread, where a discussion is going on. Some Members like me feel that this is against the principle of natural justice when a Member/Members can't express his/her/their view or defend himself/herself due to abrupt locking of threads.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Juana,

Please try to understand. I was not being unjust. I simply locked the thread just to avoid endless explanations of explanations - what you meant, what I meant...and so on and so forth. As I stated, the core topic was going totally off track. If we (not just you and me, but even the author of the thread) go on and on justifying/defending aspects which are not even related to the main topic of the thread, it will be a never-ending merry-go-round.

I did mention that all you had to do was to raise a fresh thread with a link to that thread as a reference. Instead, you continued trying to explain why it should be allowed...I have nothing more to say on this as, again, there will be back & forth infinite explanations.

I request you to please let this issue rest.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

This is not the first time a thread has got diverted. There are instance in ISC when a thread got diverted from its main point yet it was allowed to discuss.

I think the ME has forgotten about a thread where she jump to save a memebr to make a S5 samsung to S4 Siemens. That thread too was an offtrack doscussion then the ME happily supporting a true lies.

If the admin and author of a thread is so afraid to his/her explaination, and afraid to discuss, I feel there should not be a "Forum". In one subject there may be unmilited views. Why not stop discussing any matter if we are so afraid ?

Vandana,

Goodness gracious - How you have twisted things!

I would have let this rest, but you have made some serious accusations. The thread is still in the public domain for everyone to see that your allegation, against me, in the comment above, is incorrect.

I quote you - "I did mention that all you had to do was to raise a fresh thread with a link to that thread as a reference. Instead, you continued trying to explain why it should be allowed..."

What have you based your accusation on? Can you please clarify. Where did I, as you state, continue to explain my stand.

Please check the thread and your comments in 643546 & 643567. And see in which thread you brought up the point about raising a new thread.

This is beyond atrocious. Yes, I will let it pass, but will not allow anyone to make false statements against me. I did not expect this.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana,

I did not expect the allegation of twisting either, which is an equally atrocious accusation. There was no alleged twisting (I have zero talent as a contortionist!!), more of a mix-up there, in my response above, of what was said first and in which response; but really, now, I do think a veteran member does not need to be explained in literal terms that a fresh thread should be raised when one response clearly does have the request "Hereon, everyone is requested to stick to the topic mentioned of the traditional attire observed at a function, please.", the request is ignored and thus a further response from me was required to put things in plain black & white.

Now with this crystal-clear clarity, I'm definitely done with this thread. No more need to give explanations of explanations.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

It is convenient to call it a mix-up, now, isn't it? You made an allegation, how was I to know you hadn't done your homework.

You're more a veteran than I ever will be. Shouldn't you have taken the lead and started a new thread? You know the rules better than anyone else because you're so quick at implementing them, on others. Perhaps you felt the need to have your say. We're all human, we fall into temptations. Fair enough!

But, then I didn't follow as you commanded and you were forced to put things in black and white; however still felt the urge to have your say, and you did.

In the true spirit of things (honouring your own words), and as someone who proclaims to be just and all that, you could/should have refrained from making the 'dissecting' comment. The thread should have been locked without your remark on my comment. That would have been, as you say, black and white. You set the example for others to follow.

The matter would have been closed if it were not for your wrong interpretation of the dissecting comment.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.