You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How do you feel then?

In your festival time such as Deepawali, you need a little money which is pending from your organisation you work. You can easily get it but you need to request it to your account people to get it through. You are sick and can't able to come to work, you phone your account people to clear your amount.

Now, since you are not in the good book of account people and you don't do sycophancy to them, they take their power to punish you. They made it delay as such that now you don't require that amount. After all, you arrange the money from somewhere else.

Now, what will you say about such people who misuse their power? It is your money but they made you look like a beggar? When I question them, instead of saying sorry for such delay, they replied as if they are doing some favour for me.
    First of all every one in the organization is the paid servant that includes boss who also draws his salary for the expenses. By virtue of being a employee and doing the work to the satisfaction of the management, one is eligible for the salary and also the perks to which he or she is eligible to claim. And without any personal grudge or vengeance, the accounts department must clear the salaries on the due date or transfer to the bank account of the employee. If one is not well and send the message to the boss or accounts department, they are duty bound to give them the salary either through hand or coming to the hospital if need arise. No one can stop salary.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

For me, I have taught myself about to do my best but at the same time not to expect anything from anyone & at the same time believing in God. I am not completely spiritual here but it's a good way to deal with the different situations & different personalities. Doing bad to others & receiving fortune is a short term melodies but in a long term the same would suffer, although we not be fortunate enough to be evident of those.

This indicates the company is not a professional company. How the payments can be at the mercy of the accounts department people. I am not able to understand. They are also employees of the company. If their payment is stopped how they will feel. These days all the payments are through banks and as per the schedule, the amounts should get credited into the account. When we need money if we are not getting what we have to get, we feel definitely bad about it. You Can make a complaint to the Big Boss if the Accounts Department is unnecessarily delaying your payments.
    Because of some financial problems in the company if the payments of all the people are getting delayed that will be an entirely different issue. But intentionally stopping the payments because of personal relations is not at a standard practice and can't be tolerated.

drrao
    always confident

As far as I remember while working in the steel plant, I have had least time to visit account - department because of lack of time. The jobs alloted to me and even all the executives of our department remained fully involved with the different activities so as to maximise the production of the department. The responsibility with respect to payment, any arrear, Bonus - payment or reminder of annual increment lay with the Bara - Babu working in our office. Our organisation being a steel company known as SAIL had vast resources of human - potential and in our unit the strength of employees was to the extent of 52,000.
    Even the payment of advances on the occasion of Holy or Durga - Puja was not delayed in payments by the Accounts - department. We have had no contact with the employees of Accounts - department but the payment process was smooth. Even now, the same pattern is being followed giving employees substantial relief with respect to mode of payment. With the installation of computer, payment mechanism has proved a lot.

In every organisation there are some people who are sitting in important positions like administration and finance.

Some of these people are cordial and good natured and will do the job for everyone with the same spirit.

On the other hand there are some who will have unnecessary ego and arrogance. They will on one pretext or other take such mean actions. Actually these people deserve some banging from the higher ups so that they do not delay the genuine payments of employees.

Knowledge is power.

It is just like cursing the Postman who delivered the telegram instead of looking into the matter and the man who sent it. We can't blame the Traffic constable who is acting on bike rider who crosses the road when the red signal is on.

In any organisation, every department is bound to follow certain set of rules and they would act according to the norms. You mentioned your version and the readers are not aware of the other side of the coin. We can't arrive at a conclusion based on your presentation of the facts and it simply projects your angle of contention. You can't draw money as and when you desire without the concurrence of the competent financial authority nominated by the head of your organisation. You didn't mention whether you followed the prescribed norms before throwing the ball in your Accountant's court. Since you are sick and amount is needed which you sought over a telephone simply reflects the opinion that it is a personal transaction between two individuals and the organisation is nothing to do with it unless everything is placed on record in black and white. Any organisation is dependent on its Accounts and Finance because they are the custodians of the public money and accountable to each and every financial transaction. They can't go by the sympathetic approach but by the authority authorizing to draw the cheque.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Patro the LE of ISC,

Let me tell you similar kind of my post just a little early of posting this thread got the deletion. Thank you to you and your team that allowed me to post it again. Indeed, it is a bold step.

Nice to see you have come up to defend your side of the story and it is a welcome move by you. This is what we need, hiding your face somewhere never going to solve any issue but to defend it honestly. No one is going to kill anyone if he/she just say a "sorry" for their mistake. In fact, we should come out of our "ego" and position to accept it, it only creates a good impression. It just my personal opinion and you need not agree with me.

No one blames the traffic constable or the postman, but the question arises why not the same explanations have done at that time by the postman? Then the same postman was standing tall with their counterpart to support them even if it was a wrong thing to do.

"In any organisation, every department is bound to follow a certain set of rules and they would act according to the norms."

What you say is totally correct and the fact. But, why the same rules are different for other people? Now you can't deny that there are situations when we openly found how the "tone" and "tenor" and favour or disfavour change the rules person to person. So, the rules itself is not transparent!

"You can't draw money as and when you desire without the concurrence of the competent financial authority nominated by the head of your organisation. "

Well, I never asked the postman to provide me money! I just ask to deliver my message and then it was up to the authority people if they would have given me my payment or time or not. Here too we can't arrive at the conclusion based on your presentation! After all, the postman has no authority to provide me with my money!! And, I know it.

However, When I shouted the postman on the public, he might has felt shy and immediately delivered my message to the authority people? Now, what conclusion we can come to from this?

1. He got traffic so he made delayed if we believe in this theory, it is astonishing to find that the traffic vanished once I talked to him in public?

2. In another way, we can't deny the fact that the postman was purposely delaying just to please their superior. Because the person wanted the money was not a "good" man according to them.

"You didn't mention whether you followed the prescribed norms before throwing the ball in your Accountant's court. Since you are sick and the amount is needed which you sought over a telephone simply reflects the opinion that it is a personal transaction between two individuals and the organisation is nothing to do with it unless everything is placed on record in black and white. "

Mr Petro, this is called the mistake, coming out to defend without proper "homework". The Boss of the organization, who is the boss of the same postman too. So, the Boss has told me that your payment can be done through email since I was sick there is no way I can follow the prescribed norms. The said Postman can ask the Boss to confirm this.

"Any organisation is dependent on its Accounts and Finance because they are the custodians of the public money and accountable to each and every financial transaction. They can't go by the sympathetic approach but by the authority authorizing to draw the cheque."

What You hasve said is secondary!! Without delivering my message to concern people, how can you talk about the future subject? However, It is ridiculous to find the actual mentality of authority people to talk about "sympathy" when they should have honestly tried to clear my payment most on just "moral" policy.

Mr. Patro, I see no ashamed feeling in the eyes of postman but surprise to see how he is defending a wrong work into rules and regulations.

Jeets,
    I am comfortable if you address me as Jagdish as you used to do so. A simple smile in the morning would start a happy beginning of the day and same is the case with the salutation in our interactions too. I have nothing to do with the 'Del', 'Alt' and 'Ctl' buttons of your threads and not aware of the said deletion.

I can't help it if you revolve around the discussions with a topic keeping something in mind and try to evaluate each and every sentence in your own way. It is quite disturbing to note that my response to a general thread is being taken as an Editor's view and not as a member.

Regards,
    Jagdish

By Determination one can Accomplish anything

Jagdish,
    You have forgotten that you have a "tag" under your name which says "Lead Editor", your every word at first should be taken as an LE rather than a regular member. So be specific from which side you are talking about an editor point of view or general member.

"I have nothing to do with the 'Del', 'Alt' and 'Ctl' buttons of your threads and not aware of the said deletion."

It's really surprising to get such a statement from you. Does it mean we should assume that as an educational site like ISC, has no control over the editor's work? Any editor can come, read a content and delete or lock it as per their own personal thinking? Don't you, ME and other LE should know why a content get deletion? It shows that there is no communications between the editors and taken other editor's suggestions before a deletion.

If this is what is happening, it is a serious issue for members of ISC.

Now you see, I don't understand in which way the post before me looked a "violation" and got deleted! A member's opinions are not allowed to get posted because it does not match with editors opinion?

You don't need to help with what I am saying, we are two different people with different thoughts, we can't be the same. What I have said is what I felt in that situation in which you were not!

A friendly suggestion Jagdish, when you have time, just go through your old post when you were not an "editor", everything will look crystal clear when you look from a general members eyes.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.