You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

A flag for India Study Channel

Dear Members,
    I would like ISC to have a good Flag for it. I request all our dear members to design a good flag for ISC to hoist. Further, I request ISC Admin to select the best flag among the flags designed by its members.

Members, please design a good flag with your good effort.

@ Use "paint" to draw the flag and attach it with your response.
    A good suggestion and people who have the skill can do that. What is the idea of ISC administration in this issue is also to be known to all the members Then more people may show interest and participate actively. Let us hope shortly the flag will be hoisted.
    drrao
    always confident

Wow good thought from the author and in this regard I have designed a flag , hope it may be agreed and suitable to be implemented. And wish the color scheme also acceptable.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Delete Attachment

For me we already having a good symbol in the left-upper side for the site which is unique in itself & we feel its presence too & therefore to my personal opinion this serves the purpose of the author. Anyhow if the other members feel that there has to be a separate flag too than It's a welcome step.

Mr VPA,
    What is on the left side of ISC home page is the Logo of ISC. I wish to have a Flag, either square or rectangular or triangular in shape, and should be able to fly on a mast. Here in ISC, we will have the virtual mast erected after selecting the flag.

No life without Sun

Agreed.

I am trying with my effort & hope that this would be acceptable to the ISC. In case if do get something in addition then I would again be reverting with my post.

ISC_Flag1.pdf

Delete Attachment

Image attached...

Delete Attachment

Ved, I believe a flag must contain color schemes and not the logo of the firm which is already exist. Try for any color or shapes with a color scheme so that it can be appreciated and approved.
    K Mohan

A good suggestion. Flags at places evoke various emotions depending on the context. Our national flag brings upon patriotism, freedom and it's price. Flag's of various religious organizations evokes unflinching support and faith.

My personal view is that, For a site like ISC, we need not have a flag. We need to have a neutral image and not have room for misinterpretation based on the colors, shape etc. Instead, ISC can hoist the Indian tri-color on August 15th as a dynamic GIF image that shows the flag fluttering and lively which would imply the lively country and the people of India.

Mr. Nataraj,
    Indian National Flag(INF) is a common flag for all in India. Every organisation or unit will have its separate identity and their own flags. There is nothing wrong in having a separate flag for ISC to fly high with other flags. On any occasion, ISC will fly its flag along with the Indian National Flag. Please put up your design, if you can.

No life without Sun

A noble thought indeed! But I do not agree with Mr Sun on the issue.

ISC does not need to have a flag of its own. Flags define boundaries. ISC being a website does not have any boundaries. It is open for everybody across the world. In fact, we have seen members from so many different countries here.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Unlike any other web sites, ISC is an educational portal. It is like a school or college in the web world. A school or college will have its own colour and uniform. Same is the case with ISC.

Interested members can propose a flag of their choice, and ISC Admin may approve a flag of their choice.

@This will also help us to know how good our members are in designing or drawing a flag using paint section.

No life without Sun

Comparing a school uniform with a flag is illogical and out rightly absurd. I do not think any university in India has its own flag.

A flag is associated with a place or an organisation which has its own constitution. None of the states of India, except Jammu & Kashmir, has its own official flag.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

My submission is here:
    Honesty is the best policy.

Delete Attachment

I am unable to update the image this is my submission:
    Honesty is the best policy.

Delete Attachment

There are states which have their own unofficial flags. There are communities having their own flags. Similarly, ISC members too can be considered as a separate ISC community members, and a special virtual flag can be designed and displayed. Nothing stops ISC having a flag of their own.
    No life without Sun

It is a good idea to have an emblem or flag of our own in ISC. It has significance as an identity and if the management of ISC agrees they can officially invite it from the members may be in the form of a small contest to evoke interest and larger participation.

The thread has already generated a lot of interest from the members.

Knowledge is power.

A Flag is necessary for hoisting. ISC is an online platform. Is it possible to hoist the Flag of ISC? A symbol/emble of ISC is sufficient. And ISC already has the symbol/emblem.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

This is going too far. I agree with Partha's opinion.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

I find this activity recreational. Can't we sometimes do things removing utility from the equation.
    I usually don't participate in contests that don't award me. But this particular activity helped me shape my creativity.

"Drops of knowledge collect and become an ocean" is my theme, because that is what ISC is. We contend and contribute here, making a great congregation of facts and opinions. I hope this clumsy work of mine resonates with my idea.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Delete Attachment

Instead of arguments, the members can design and submit one flag and show their creativity. My theme suggests that ISC is the center of attraction for all the members across the country from North to South.
    K Mohan

Aditya has been rewarded with a Rs 5 cc just for his mature reaction with the words ' Can't we sometimes do things removing utility from the equation.'
    'Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance'. - George Bernard Shaw.

Dear Partha,
    We all are in a virtual world. Can't we erect a virtual mast and hoist a virtual flag? Come on dear, Jump on to show your creativity. Let us see an ISC flag from Partha.

No life without Sun

It is a good task to test my creativity! Here is my flag design

Design explanation: ISC is an educational website which helps us to update our writing skills, creativity and knowledge. Along with that, the website also provides an opportunity for us to earn. So, I have used the concept "Enter, Write, Learn and Earn" in the flag. Blue is the primary color used in the ISC Website and so, I specifically used blue color in my ISC flag.

Triangle in the left and the right- " To Enter or Login"
    An open book with many pages- ISC website
    Pencil- Write
    Lines on the left side of the book- Learn and Write
    Coin and the Rupee symbol- Earn

Delete Attachment

Soundharya,
    I really like your power of imagination and creativity. Hope ISC is having a look at your Flag design.

No life without Sun

Wow Soundharya your creative mind really worked and impressed me. The left page shows the content and the right page shows the cash credit to which we are habituated to win at ISC.
    K Mohan

• Sign In to post your comments