You must Sign In to post a response.
(This thread is the Special Prize winner of Topic based month end TOW contest for the month Jul'18 on topic -Shadow )
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A shadow that inspires

Long after am gone from this world, all my kith and kin, all my relatives and my close friends, should feel my presence. To this end, my shadow should inspire them to superior performance in whatever they do, to do tremendous hard work and be very honest at all times.

In short, my shadow should inspire them with the best of values. Today, when am alive, my shadow should make me understand that leaving behind such a lasting impression on every single individual who matters to me, is more important in their lives and mine, than earning several hundreds of thousands of rupees and my being recognized as a rich person. I should also count on life's blessings and all that God has given me in terms of resources to get this done. My shadow should constantly remind me, "I have miles to go before I sleep, I have miles to go before I sleep.

This is the sort of shadow that I want to leave behind. When people who matter to me feel my presence when am not there, the hot sun that breathes down their neck, should remind them of someone who lived a life of principles. Of walking the talk, to a great extent. Of being proud of calling themselves as my son or daughter or wife or whomsoever.

Oh God, get me to create such a shadow in the rest of this life on this earth......
    The thread mentioned above is my entry for the TOW contest on shadow

The author has created nice content stressing the need for doing good deeds during the life so that even our shadow shall make positive vibes in the society after our death . Good thought .
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments