You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Recreating Arabian fables on stage

Yesterday (04.08.18) in Bangalore, at Chowdiah Memorial Hall, I had an opportunity of viewing a stage drama 'The Stories of Scheherazade' presented by the Bangalore School of Speech and Drama.

It was the story of Arabian nights presented through a large number of participating students. The age of these child artists was ranging from 7 to 17 years but the performance put forth by them was scintillating and magificient considering their tender age.

The sets on stage, lights and costumes were well researched and appropriate to the theme of the play and had a deep impact on the audience.

The Director, Dr Zulfia Shaikh an experienced stage director has shown her excellent skills in creating a real life scene of those ancient fables in front of the audience in the most spectacular and successful manner. The applause from the audience at the end of the play is a testimony to her efforts.

I was so much impressed by this high class stage presentation that I thought it pertinent to share this with our fellow members in this forum.
    These days children are excelling in many fields including stage shows. Even on many TV shows the children are performing much better than many aged people. Thaks to the multiple channels that are conducting stage shows on all regional channels also. They are giving a very good chance to showcase their talents and people who are good at designing and training these kids are doing a very excellent job and preparing them well to have the best output from these guys.
    drrao
    always confident

If a good platform comes as an opportunity, people are ready to give their best and probably that is the reason being so the author was so impressed by the stage show.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

We love movies in general but forget that drama and stage art is more challenging, a live performance to an equally live audience.
    A lot of things go into such good performances, this thread reminds me of the amateur but enthusiastic play performance done by my children a few years back. Children at that age have bubbling confidence, enthusiasm and such plays stimulate their creativity.

PS: Chowdaiah memorial hall resembles a huge violin, a tribute to the Violin expert Chowdaiah from Karnataka.

Really, you are a lucky guy to witness such events in your life. Lot of efforts need to be put in such shows, especially to train the 7 to 17 years old students. These days children are very enthusiastic, energetic and perfect to perform anything on stage. Though I am in Bengaluru, I miss to see such events due to my present age and stage.
    No life without Sun

To watch good theatre is always a wonderful pleasure. This is the arena of creativity and talent and we all are aware of the gems that theatre has produced for our country be it for films or serials.
    Theatre artists are trained differently and their art shines through any medium they choose to showcase their talents.

• Sign In to post your comments