You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The great chef passed away silently

While in India, we were busy in discussing the failing health of Karunanidhi and later his death, this internationally famous Indian-origin chef was fighting last-stage cancer in a hospital. He is known as the 'Chef of the Century'. He is also called 'Pablo Picasso of the Kitchen'. This famous chef has left the world silently on 7th August, 2018 at an age of seventy-three.

He had been studying at a seminary and was training to become a priest. But the cooking with the nuns made him think that his calling was different. So he decided to chase his dream for cooking and serving people some of the most delicious and sumptuous meals. His passion for cooking got him an incredible thirty-two Michelin stars. His truffles and caviar are world-famous. He is also known for his mashed potatoes. When he was only twenty-nine, he was in charge of around ninety cooks and was working at one of the largest hotels in Paris.

This Indian-origin chef is being respected by the chefs all over the world. Even at the fag end of his life, when he was fighting a losing battle against cancer, he won MasterChef Australia 2018.

RIP, Joel Robuchon, the Chef of the Century! The culinary world will never forget you.
    Sometimes we tend to ignore other news when something important is happening in our country and surely we all missed the demise of Joel Robuchon, the Chef of the Century. RIP.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I didn't even know about him. But I'm glad that I know now. I like cooking and I follow few cooking shows. I will from here on try to remember him. May he rest in peace.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I never know this. Through this post, I learnt about the great chef of the world who got many recognition for his excellent cooking skills. My respects to Joel Robuchon, the Chef of the Century. Let his soul rest in peace.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments