You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Can Science prove the existence of ‘God’?

Is there any scientific evidence of proving/disproving of the existence of God?
    I think, there is no evidence till now, that is why a Religion is called Faith.
    Science is often interpreted as fake. There is a tendency of degrading scientific institutions as they are not well-matching with what is written in religious books.
    What is your opinion? Can we discuss on this subject?
    Fear thy name is God. We all do things with a fear that we will be punished for our wrong doings, and will be helped for our right doings. Science has not proved the existence of God. It is we who has a God which is the fear in the form of faith.
    No life without Sun

Who said God's existence cannot be proved through the scientific way. There is one temple in Kumbakonam to which there is no roof. Many Kings and rulers tried to build the roof for the temple which was dedicated to Goddess Kaali. And every time a attempt was made, the roof would be blown and those attempted to construct were killed or died. Even today the Goddess is exposed to the nature and there is no protection for the idol. Now just tell me can the science prove something else which is preventing the construction of roof ? So whether we agree or not the God exists and those who have doubts would be shown the existence by the God himself or herself.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Science is dealing with physical world. The question whether there exists God or any other super power do not come under scientific search. Belief is something existing in the minds of human beings. No other living beings, as far as I know, believe in God. Perhaps we can say that no other living organism has the capacity to think or imagine. But can we rule it out completely. Take for example, a dog, which clearly follows its master. That shows it has a capacity to understand, that is the capacity to distinguish between its master and others. Man consider that it is the only living being which can think and come out with original ideas. From continuous practice, we can see, the animals or birds make their own nests or resting places. The birds take care of their eggs carefully until the small ones come out breaking the shells.
    Like these every living organism manage their life on this earth and help the existence of that species. Man also is an animal and we claim that we are only one which can think and lead a successful life. But when he finds some difficulties he is not in a position to solve it. This leads to think about a something which has super powers.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

God is a belief. But we can't doubt the existence as we are not able to see. We can't see air. So can we say there is no air? Definitely, there is a supernatural power which is having its say in making this world. There are many things happening in the world which can't be explained by the science. There are many things which can't be proved by science. Even science also developing as the days go the same science theories are varying.
    So We should not feel that everything will have a scientific explanation. Whether you believe in the existence of God or not, you can't force others to follow you as they are not able to prove scientifically the existence of God. Is it possible for someone to prove that God is not there?

drrao
    always confident

Mohan,
    What I said is correct, It is the fear in the form of faith. Your Kumbakonam story is a fear and faith. Someone might have tried to construct a roof once. The roof constructed might not be a solid one, but flown away due to heavy wind. And the person who constructed might have died due to his old age. It could be a coincidence. The followers might have feared and refused to construct a roof again.

If God was there, why there was damage to the Shiva temple in Kedarnath during the floods?

In the recent flood in Kerala, the Shiva temple in Alwaye located on the Periyar river bank got submerged. Where is Shiva now? Cant he divert the flood without affecting his temple area?

I have seen many local temples removed while laying the four way lane. Nothing got affected. Where is God then?

No life without Sun

No, science can't prove the existence of God. God is much much bigger and encompasses science. God is belief. God can be experienced but can't be explained ('Abangmanasagochar')
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Well this concept has been debated upon very well before 300 B.C. Ancient India even speaks of Chaarvaks and Naastiks. Atheism and science aren't new to the world. But one thing is. Internet. Internet has given volume to the voices of atheists around the world and this voice is really tormenting the religious folks.
    Do you know what is my ultimate aim in life? I want to find out if God exists? Or do gods exist? How am I trying to? I'm just going to approach the mysteries of life, seeking answers both from the faithful and the science enthusiasts. Astronomy could be the science that can most easily bust the religious bubble. Because once we can establish solidly how universe was formed, the presence of a creator, would not be necessary. Then religious folks will be convinced.

How can people be so numbskulled!! We have created life on Earth's labs. Using both inorganic and organic bases. Aren't we literally showing that we are capable of destruction and creation?
    Humans are gods in many regards. We now do what we thought Gods could. We are literally manipulating a galaxy for our needs!!!

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

@645160,
    'Astronomy could be the science that can most easily bust the religious bubble'
    The statement looks sense. Can you explain further?

I love chocolates and ice creams!

Science won't prove the existence of God but can confirm creation and history and others. Astronomy is true and real, except for the massive values of distance given, which comes as a result of flawed assumptions. To accept this itself is equivalent to religious belief.

Some branches of science are geared to disprove and deny existence of a Creator, and they keep on coming with such ingenuity, it is always a wonder. They started off from Darwin and Big Bang and into extra terrestrial and whatever, but nothing that could do their intent. Anyways, it is amusing.

'Astronomy could be the science that can most easily bust the religious bubble' – this reminds me of this joke.

One day the atheists and scientists all decided that the had attained enough knowledge and ability to remove God fully. They could create, they destroy, they could do anything God had done. So, the Chief of this group goes to God and tells him to go away, as mankind didn't need him anymore.
    God then says, let's see if you can make man out of the ground like I did. Chief say that it is not a problem, and bends down to pick up some soil.

God stops him saying, no. no. You get your own soil.

Never spend what is not yours!

If the Shiva temple could be submerged and cannot be seen now , is the indication of bad deeds over taken the good ones and God wants to punish the human beings.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Haha nice joke Bala. But God cheated. He didn't use his soil too. Stars die and throw silicon/silicates to the space. These heavy elements are what planets are made of.
    All I need to do is tap into the chemical composition of soil or sand and just create it under laboratory circumstance. Though this is easy to say, to fully create such elements , I would need the energy at the core of the stars, which is not possible at present.
    Silicon and other heavy elements form when a star is at its last stage, burning at its highest intensity. Such enormous power can only create something as minute as a particle of sand.

Neeraj: Mars, Moons of our solar system planets and many comets show that organic materials that support life exist throughout the universe. If you can find life at a place other than earth, that is a clear proof that creation didn't start or stop here. Hence there never was a God. The more advance a being we find the better.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Scientific methods and experiments are based on observations, deductions and rational and logical conclusions.

So far there are no scientific methods devised for analysing the beliefs and feelings of human mind. Though people claim that psychologists deal with it but there is a great subjectivity in their deductions.

Darwin's theory of evolution is based on observations but due to large intervals involved, it is difficult to prove them in laboratory and they are still a matter of conflict between the scientists and scholars. So even the hypothesis and postulates are suffering with rational issues and lack of experimental back ups.

Science is developed much but seeing the nature's vastness we feel as if we have only acquired a drop from the ocean of the knowledge.

At this stage inviting science to solve the concept of God is too much for asking.

Knowledge is power.

Here's what Stephen Hawking said in an interview.

Please read some of the books, "A brief history of time", and "The grand design" before debating.

1. Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation," he said. "What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God, which there isn't. I'm an atheist.

2. God is the name people give to the reason we are here," he said. "But I think that reason is the laws of physics rather than someone with whom one can have a personal relationship. An impersonal God.

3. Stephen Hawking rejected the conventional notion of God or a creator, he fundamentally believed that the universe and life have meaning.

Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. If God EXISTS, Science will be able to understand and read the minds soon. Hawking is not the first person to deny. Even Einstein did.

In my opinion, God doesn't exists. Believe, faith, and superstitious are just a big pile of crap.

Hackers never learns but always wins!

• Sign In to post your comments