You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Dear Web Masters of ISC, ISCians wish to read your messages at this time.

Dear Web Masters of ISC,
    Hope you all are residing in Kochi. Through the Television channels we get the news. Ernakulam and Kochi are also reeling under the worst hit flood in the history of Kerala. Hope you and your families are safe.

Would appreciate if you post a thread twice in a day (one in the morning and one in the evening) with an update.
    Yes three webmasters of this great site are from Kerala and we are equally worried about well being of all and three webmasters and their family in particular. Hope some updates would be made.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am very much worried about my parants.They are at my house in Kerala which is currently cut off from outside world. There is no outside world. Everywhere water. No electricity supply since yesterday. Drinking water is available. No milk supply. No provisions available. Somehow I arranged provisions for 2 to 3 days. Telephone is working. I am in contact with them every half an hour. I am in contact with police control room frequently. Rain is still continuing. Opening the shutters of the Dams worsening the situation.Presently,I am in Bangalore. There is no way to reach there. Train services are closed. No bus services available. Airports are closed. No metro services. I am trying to go there in my car. I do not know how I reach there. Only respite is that I am able to make contact with them.
    Situation is extremely grim…
    It is God's fury.

I love chocolates and ice creams!

Neeraj,
    Sorry to note. Please don't take the risk of driving your car into Kerala floods. You and your car might get struck. Due to incessant rain, the situation is worsening. Since you are already in touch with the police control room, I am sure, your parents will be taken care. Hope, to see normalcy in Kerala soon.

No life without Sun

Neeraj, please keep the faith in God and all will be well. Please do not venture out in these rains as it is definitely a very risky proposition. We all can understand your worry but the situation is not in your hands. Please be grateful that they are safe and will remain so. Hope all is well soon.

Mr. Neeraj: Please have faith in God and have patience. Army, Navy and NDRF personnel are working round-the-clock. Definitely, your parents will be looked after. Please don't take any reckless decision. Wait for sometime. Let the rainwater recede. Then visit your parents.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

The problem of no power, cell batteries getting discharged, no communication between well wishers, relatives causing concern to many. So one has to wait.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Flood situation is improving in Kerala. Evacuation of people from low lying areas is going on. All the defense services are in operation. Water releasing from dams causing flood.
    My simple question is why the dam authorities waiting for filling the reservoir to release excess water? Why they release in huge quantities at a time which causes overflowing of rivers in the downstream areas. They should intermittently release water based in inflow from catchment areas.
    This flood is the result of poor Dam management.
    (Thanks Sun/Dipti/Partha/Mohan for consolation words)

I love chocolates and ice creams!

• Sign In to post your comments