You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What kind of freedom do we aspire for now ?

I had the golden opportunity to witness the Independence Day celebrations at Red Fort. This was my first time in so many years that I witnessed the feelings of joy and ebullience of my fellow countrymen on such an important day in the history of India.
    The PM's speech and the rapt attention with which people listened was impressive. I left feeling so proud and special.
    This made me realize that since now that we are a free country, for what kind of freedom should we aspire now? What does freedom mean today? Do we still need something or are we all good?
    My thoughts are ranging from poverty, illiteracy, corruption, diseases, women safety and so on and so forth.
    I believe we have a long way to go to achieve real freedom. What do you think?
    There are surely lots of difference between the speech and the actions taken. Speech is the necessity of time and the writers would impress the PM with all kinds of feeds and that is converted into oratory skill and then told in the public. But in reality there is no much improvements as regards to removal of poverty, illiteracy, corruption, diseases, and providing security to women safety. Even today there are some cities in which people are afraid moving alone and after 8 pm women are not venturing outside. That means fear do exists though the governments claim that women safety has been upped. Like wise poverty alleviation was happening since Independence , but the actual scheme coined for the beneficiaries are not reaching them so the poverty remains. And education in rural areas are low as parents prefer children to agriculture. And new diseases are setting in , but government hospitals are not competent to tackle.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

To me, freedom means freedom from poverty and freedom from ignorance. Freedom means equal opportunity for all and undue advantage to none. Freedom means freedom from corruption and complete rejection of anti-national ideologies. Freedom signifies a strong and powerful India which ensures justice and security for its citizens anywhere and everywhere in the world.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

I feel Indians are having a lot of freedom. They can violate any rule and happily survive. They can do any crime and go around by getting a bail from Court. They can throw acid on a girl if she refuses to cooperate with him. Even after doing all these misdeeds, they can contest in elections and can become MPs, MLAs MLCs and Ministers. While working in the government jobs they can get many favours from their clients. They can earn as much as possible in the business and happily avoid paying tax by mismanaging the accounts. They can take hefty amounts from banks as loans and can default and run away to other countries. There are many people in India to save such people.
    But there is no life to a common man here forget about freedom. He has to struggle hard to make both ends meet. But who cares for their lives or food. None.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments