You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

This Kolkata school runs an Any Time Food (ATF) Fridge

Only around 15 days back I have written an update on this school, which is very well-known to me. Now, this Kolkata school has made us (all citizens of Kolata) proud. The teachers and students of the school have started running an ATF Fridge. Since 2nd July, 2018, kids living in the Tiljala slum, located very close to the Mahadevi Birla World Academy in Park Circus, Kolkata, have had home food, thanks to the Any Time Food (ATF) Fridge that has been set up by the students and teachers of the school.

This project is the brainchild of the present Principal of the school, Ms. Anjana Saha. It feeds approximately 150 kids everyday. The school-teachers spent considerable time in understanding how existing ATFs work. Then they visited the slum area to see what food items would be needed before launching the ATF Fridge.

I sincerely hope that this novel effort continues and the project gets enlarged in the future.
    Good idea. The kids who are getting hungry and can't afford a meal will get food in the school and at the same time, they can study with more concentration if they are not hungry. We should congratulate the principal for conceiving the idea and also the other teachers and students who are contributing for the programme to be continued successfully. The other schools in the state and the country can also use this as a lead and start the similar programme in their school also. Thanks to the author for the information.
    drrao
    always confident

But Dr. Rao, the slum-dwelling children don't study in the prestigious school. The teachers and students of the school have started this ATF for the children of Tiljala slum.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

In Tamil there is a saying that too much availability of the food or eating of the same would reduce the performance of the child or student. How far this concept would be successful has to be studied.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It's a wonderful initiative and I offer my sincere gratitude to the principal and all her associates of the school for helping the slum children. The concept of community fridge is increasing among different sections of the country and I have read about this type of initiatives in a few more cities, where the community fridge is kept under the aegis of a security guard who distributes foods to the needy. The wastage of food in India is a serious concern and with these type of initiatives if it can be reduced and fed to the hungry and needy people around us, it's really praiseworthy.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I would like to know the reason behind deduction of points in this thread so that in future I can rectify my mistake/shortcomings.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.