You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Kudos and salute to unique deeds and noble gestures by the rescue team during the Kerala floods

It is an adage that adversity brings the best from humans.
    During the calamities we get to see the real goodness and selfless sacrifice of people. This is seen during the rescue operations during the Kerala floods also.
    But one such unique gesture by a rescue team member really touched me. I silently convey my thanks to such noble souls.
    As the women victims could not get into the rescue boat (dinghy), due to the height a rescue team member lies on his back on the flood water and allows the women to step on him as if he is a step stone. Not just one but many victims step on him and climbing to the rescue boat.
    (I had read and seen the video clip this in this website: www.marunadanmalayali.com/news/special-report/kerala-flood-rescue-operation-118760

(Picture courtesy:thanks to Marunadan malayali.com)
    Really moved by such gestures which wont go reporting in the national media. Right from the day one the rescue teams , NDRF teams are doing enormous service by connecting two broken roads with a rope and then escalating the rescue operations through it. And I have seen one pregnant women being lifted to the air and that was really moving as normally pregnant women wont take such risks and it is also reported that she gave birth to a health child. Thanks to the enormous off the record services rendered by the military and para military forces. We are really overwhelmed by the silent behavior of those who are affected.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

First of all, thank you very much for posting a message here. Very much concerned about you all on hearing about the Kerala floods and all Keralites took the challenge posed by the nature with bravery. We are all with you at this testing time. The services by the NDRF, Armed Forces and other voluntary organisations are quite appreciable as reports are coming in.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

There are many such known and unknown sagas of bravery from many unsung heroes. The nation is grateful to these courageous men and women.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

True. Many people are coming forward and helping the victims to come out of the problems even at the cost of their lives. Many people are trying to save to the maximum extent possible. We should appreciate the bravery shown by these people. The RSS volunteers, The army persons, police and other voluntary organisations are completely immersed in helping these people. Many such stories are coming into light and we should thank all such people for the commitment they are showing towards the people who are suffering.
    Generally, when we do inaugurations and other functions we will call politicians and celebrities. But we never think of these army people who are coming forward to help us. I think we should start inviting these people who are coming forward in such times of emergency to save us for such functions to show our gratitude to them.

drrao
    always confident

In one of the picture shared in the social media, a dog presumably a pet was seen seeking help and the rescuers has safely shifted the dog to the relief camp. Kudos to their act.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yahoo news has described and headlines it the same matter as "Kerala Floods: Video of man letting women use him as stepping stone to climb into boat goes viral, is dubbed 'humanity at its finest'"

(Ref:in.news.yahoo.com/kerala-floods-video-man-letting-022621811.html)

I have seen the video mentioned by Mr. Venkiteswaran. While I salute the chivalrous man for this selfless act, I was stunned to see that one of the women (the first woman in the video) was standing on the man wearing her chappal. Some people don't have basic courtesy.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Partha,
    It is the question of survival, and the chappal doesn't matter. In the flood waters, the lady wore a clean chappal. There was no time to think about the chappal, but to get inside the boat in a hurry. There are people who always use a chappal inside the home and outside the home. They cannot remain with their bare foot. If the person could bear the weight of the lady in Kilograms, he can also bear the weight of the chappal of few hundred grams.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments