You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

India ranks 11th in Asian Games medal tally!

At present situation India's medal tally in Asian Games 2018 as Gold 1, Silver 1 and Bronze 1 in Total they got 3 medals and ranked 11 out of 18 countries who got medals. As the neighboring country, China got 10 Gold,5 Silver, 4 Bronze total of 19 medals.No comparisons between the two countries in Asian Games too. Knowledgeable members, please respond to the question.
    The Asian Games started only yesterday. China will definitely be No. 1. But only perennially pessimistic people can write off India after one day of the Games.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Just started. We can't say anything at this stage. China will be the number one. Many people expect the same. But commenting on the performance of Indian representatives in these games at this stage will be very early and will be definitely far from the reality. So let us not think that our players are not up to the mark and discourage them. Let us encourage our people so that they will get motivated and definitely farewell. Definitely, our position in the medals list will improve and our players will show their capabilities and I feel our rank will be definitely better than the rank of our people in the lost Asian games. I wish all the best to our players.
    drrao
    always confident

As one more flop show in Badminton in Asian games where India got silver in Olympics.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

"As one more flop show in Badminton in Asian games where India got silver in Olympics."-------I have not understood the meaning of this incorrect sentence. I think the author would be kind enough to explain clearly what he actually meant to say.

How many gold we will get can not be predicted at this stage but one thing is there that our medal garnering is not commensurate with our size and population.

It is no point in blaming any one but the conducive environment which is required for growth of people in sports is somehow missing in our country.

For growth of sports a strict discipline and practice regime is required. Selection of good and capable persons is also one of the most important aspect.

Knowledge is power.

The following athletes have made India proud in this Asiad till now:-
    Bajrang Punia /Men's 65 kg freestyle /Gold
    Vinesh Phogat / Women's 50 kg Freestyle / Gold
    Saurabh Chaudhary /10m Air Pistol Men /Gold
    Deepak Kumar /Men's 10m Air Rifle / Silver
    Lakshay Sheoran /Men's Trap Singles /Silver
    Sanjeev Rajput /50m Rifle 3 Positions Men / Silver
    Abhishek Verma /10m Air Pistol Men /Bronze
    Ravi Kumar /10m Air Rifle Mixed Team /Bronze
    Apurvi Chandela /10m Air Rifle Mixed Team / Bronze

'Age age dekhiye hota hai kya!'

So as of now India is really doing well with 3 gold, 3 silver and three bronze. Therefore one has to have patience to see the team India getting one after other medals.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments