You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why animal activists groups are not protesting the sacrificing of animals on Id-ul-Zuha ?

Today Bakrid or Id-ul-zuha has been celebrated across the country and as usual there is hectic activity in Hyderabad to sell goats and other animals to offer for sacrifice. Thousands of goats have been lined up on the main roads which give the sorry state of feeling that sooner or later they are going to die for the satisfaction of human beings. When so much hue and cry was raised for the bad treatment on Jallikattu by animal activists group, why they are keeping quiet on this issue and wont protest. Members can express their views.
    They will never protest. These animal rights activists are very much afraid of their dear life. They will protest Jallikattu, they will protest Gadhimai festival, and they will enjoy kebab on Eid-ul-adha.

Mr. Mohan: I would humbly request you not to ask these politically incorrect questions. If you go on asking such uncomfortable questions, your name will be struck off from the list of liberals.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Animal rights and welfare groups often condemn and raise awareness regarding the cruelty or inhumane treatment meted out to animals during traditional events and practises of various religions.

This year also the Animal welfare board of India and the People for ethical treatment of animals have issued guidelines/statements.
    https://awbi.org/awbi-pdf/bakrid.pdf
    https://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/ahead-of-bakrid-peta-india-asks-states-to-enforce-law-to-prevent-cruelty-to-animals-118081001347_1.html

In many parts of rural South India, there are still sacrifices of hens and goats at local festivals and head tonsuring ceremonies. So, instead of looking at it from a religion angle, I think, we and the authorities should be fair in airing our views and acting against the cruelty to animals across all religions.

You see, we need to understand that Human Being by nature is a manifestation of Greed & Desires. We Human Beings always indulge in activities which in some way either satisfy our Greed or Desire. Animal activists are no different.

They know when to act & when to remain silent.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

Mr K Mohan please it's a request you to don't say anything about anyone religion. Nobody have right to tell anybody religion. We do not kill the animals. It's better you prefer and go what is the reason behind. We zubah animals because there is reason behind this.

I have not mentioned any religion or whatsoever. My contention is simple. Celebrate the festival without any sacrifice.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Here it is not the question of religion? Irrespective of the religion, killing animals and treating them differently should not be encouraged. In our village on the Village Goddess festival, many people used to kill hens. Then many of the youth in the village protested the same and this practice has been stopped from the last five years. In the same way, the people should think in a positive way and killing the animals should be stopped. This is not the question for a particular festival and it is a general issue and should not be encouraged by anybody for any festival or celebration. This should be the message.
    drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.