You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

What is Intelligence?

What is Intelligence? How can it be defined? We often say that A is more intelligent then B. What parameters do we use to judge & decide that.
    Intelligence is nothing but questioning with too many question marks without any proper concentration and attention.
    No life without Sun

Ha ha ha......Actually, I posted the write up in Hindi initially, but I guess the forum doesn't support that font.
    "If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

Now you are clear. Intelligence is nothing but to grasp things quickly and understanding it deeply and clearly with no room for doubts and queries.
    No life without Sun

Ha ha ha......Actually, I posted the write up in Hindi initially, but I guess the forum doesn't support that font.
    "If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

Intelligence means an individual is very sharp in every activities and also and intelligence means an individual asking to many questions to just clarify.

I think, Intelligence is to see and understand things as they are, without prejudice.

Often, we try to see or comprehend things with a preconceived notion or an idea & that distorts our true, factual understanding of the matter.

If I really want to comprehend something (as it is), I need to be completely calm & without judgement i.e. I need to be impartial from the very beginning.

To me, intelligence means taking proper action in every circumstance. If it is appropriate to avoid something/someone, an intelligent people would that. If it is appropriate to resist and fight, the intelligent people would do that. Intelligence signifies possessing th,e ability to select the good from lots of bad.

Very few people have intelligence. Such intelligent people shine in life.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

As per the books, the definition of intelligence is the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations. How a person is tackling a situation, how a decision is being taken when it is needed and how the problems are sorted will tell us the intelligence of a particular person.
    Another very widely known definition is the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria.
    Einstein said, "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Socrates said, "I know that I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing."
    Knowing the abilities and understanding the weaknesses and acting as per the situation is the correct meaning of intelligence as far as I feel. Where to accept and where to prove our point should be well understood by an intelligent person.

drrao
    always confident

"Intelligence" is all the way of related to using the resources so as to get the things done or accomplished as required or desired.

Intelligence for me is the ability to gather information. Ability to think through you may say and decide wisely. The ability to take decisions is within us all so we are all intelligent. The words intelligent and smart are often used interchangeably. But I find smartness a completely different thing.

Smartness to me is the ability to take a correct choice quickly. So to me an Astrophysicist is intelligent and a basket ball player is smart.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Different people have different level of intelligence. The intelligent people grasp things very fast and their actions and decision making capabilities are also like that.

The world is full of all types of people - intelligent, mediocre and dullards. The intelligent people reach the top and rule the society and get the work done by dullards through the mediocre population.

Knowledge is power.

What I feel that Intelligence is nothing but jack of all trades and when it comes to questioning and convincing , the person tries to confuse as he has messed up his knowledge potential.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I think, the Intelligence is to be used many ways without this cannot be start a new project. intelligence is imagination.intelligence is in various form and differ to person to person. This plays key role in Police department, to obstruct the anti social elements activities,similarly scientific,analytical,cultural,social all these connect development and so on.

In my personal opinion, an intelligent person is one who is capable of arriving at a proper and logical solution to any problem in the shortest possible time. The problem may be a real-life one or otherwise.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

As far as I understand, the question seeks the definition of intelligence and not that of an intelligent person.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

The author has also asked for the parameters we use to judge and decide whether a person A is more intelligent than person B. From what I have given, a person capable of thinking logically can understand the definition of intelligence. For the benefit of those who could not get it I will define intelligence in my personal opinion.
    Intelligence can be defined as the capabilty of arriving at the correct and logical solution to a given problem in the shortest possible time. If we give a problem to a group of people and ask them to solve it, all of them may solve it. The person who comprehends and solves it earlier than the others is said to be intelligent of the lot. There are lot of definitions for intelligence. This one appeals to my mind.

" Be Good and Do Good "

• Sign In to post your comments