You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why are we so serious all the time?

Why are we so Serious?

I rarely see smiling faces these days. It seems seriousness is in trend and considered more professional. Ebullient & humorous behavior is deemed as taboo.

I feel seriousness reinforces arrogance & therefore cannot be a virtue. It weakens the spirit & makes you exhausted. Whereas humor strengthens humility, lifts the spirit & invigorates you. So don't be Serious, celebrate life and don't let this world adulterate your fortitude.
    Please be smiling. Smile add value to your face. Many people advocate this. So whatever condition you are in, whatever you are thinking please see that there will be a smile on your face. It is good for health also. Seriousness will bring problems to health also. It is very well known that a happy mind is a healthy mind. When somebody sees you smiling they will also try to smile. So your smile will make others also to smile.
    If we are serious we can't think properly. So we should not be serious always. There is a very well known poem in Telugu which says seriousness or Anger is the enemy for himself.
    So everyone should try to be as happy as possible and always add the flavour of a smile to their faces so that they will be attracted

drrao
    always confident

Because we are a human being & being a human being we are more prone to insecure feelings for future & so in order to make it secured we continue to strive for more & this whole needs thinking.

I learnt something yesterday. Laughter increases the vitality of NK cells that fight cancer cells in your body. So laughing reduces the risk of cancer. Seriousness is a desired quality in this corporate world. People confuse between professionalism and seriousness. On any given day a smile would boost more people than a scolding. Professionalism isn't where you approach everything with a grim face, but with a confident smile.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Now I am very serious because I can't decide where to submit my response to your thread. There is a duplicate thread, which is not yet blocked or deleted by the Editor(s).

Only the serious people can make others laugh, intentionally or unintentionally. As for example, my poker face makes some other people laugh.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments