You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

A small request for clarification regarding election-related threads

Please refer to the following thread raised by the Lead Editor of Forum section:-

A request- kindly adhere.

In this thread, all Members have been asked to refrain from raising any political/election-oriented thread till the next general election. In this connection, I would like to state that three states, viz., Madhya Pradesh, Chhatisgarh and Rajasthan are going to have Assembly elections this year itself. I would like to know whether the Members are allowed to raise election-oriented threads in respect of Assembly elections in these three states, or not.

The timely clarification from the concerned Editor(s) would clear many future misunderstandings on this issue.

I am raising this thread not to criticize any Editor. It is a genuine query.
    The 2019 General elections & the current affairs as in the current case, the Assembly elections are different & therefore there should not be any refrain either from the ISC team & also from the members while raising threads or doing discussions onto this. It's going to be interesting to observe the views of the different members here with the actual outcome when the results are declared.

Really some members are tempted to raise election related threads to some states which are surely going to polls this year end. And the ISC must allow the discussions on the issue based threads focusing elections in various states. If the ISC forbids, then what is the use of this forum without discussing the core issues pertaining to elections as we may be having somany things to discuss. Otherwise let the ISC initiate a general discussion forum thread from the editors and through which let the members be allowed to say on the state of affairs pertaining to coming elections. That is possible.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The editor's request is concerning to General Election to Parliament in the year 2019. It doesn't restrict us to discuss about Assembly elections scheduled for this year. I think, we can go ahead without any hesitation or permission.
    No life without Sun

I am also of the opinion that the thread mentioned in this post is about the Parliament elections going to be held sometime next year. So I feel there will not be any objection to raising the threads related to some particular states which are going for elections shortly. Anyhow as asked by the author the editor concerned should clarify this point. Once he clarifies the point there will not be any problem. If there are discussions about these state elections I think the members will respond more and the activity on this ISC will also increase I suppose.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments