You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Elefantastic, Jaipur: An elephant sanctuary to raise awareness about Indian elephants

This sanctuary is very near to Jaipur. It was opened very recently-only in 2012. Elefantastic is famous for its unique concept of a small elephant farm in a village. Here people enjoy the sight of Indian elephants and are educated about their medicines, treatment, diet and so on. An Elephant safari in the sanctuary must be enjoyed.

I went to Jaipur in 2010. At that time this sanctuary was not there. Next time I will definitely visit this unique elephant farm. The entry fee is Rs. 80/- per person. But the safari requires Rs. 3500/- per person. The farm opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 6 p.m.

I think the tourists visiting Jaipur must visit this interesting place to learn about Indian elephants while having fun.
    We have visited Lion safari in Bengaluru but not visited elephant safari so far. During our visit last year to Kerala in Kochin in the temple we have seen many elephants decorated well and used for carrying the idols of the GOD. We are very happy to see the well-decorated elephants walking slowly with idols on them.
    We are planning for a visit to Jaipur sometime during late this year or early next year. We will definitely visit this elephant safari. I want to express my thanks to the author for giving the information about this elephant safari in Jaipur. It is good that we can learn about the elephants there. An elephant sanctuary to raise awareness about Indian elephants is a good concept.

drrao
    always confident

African elephants can't be tamed, but Indian elephants can be tamed easily. But as far as I know, this is the only elephant farm in India. We must visit this farm at least once. It has its own website: www.elefantastic.in. The website provides all the necessary details.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments