You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Kuldip Nayar is no more

Kuldip Nayar, the veteran journalist is no more. He was a former Rajya Sabha member. Kuldip Nayar passed away at 12.30 a.m. on 23.8.18 after a brief illness. He was aged 95 years. He was against the Indira Gandhi government during the Emergency as the Editor of The Statesman.Mr. Nayar will also be remembered as a human right activist. He is a genuine Ind-Pak peace visionary. Mr Nayar had admirers beyond the world of politics and journalism, also. His early books, Between The Lines, India: The Critical Years and Distant Neighbours: A Tale of the Subcontinent are considered valuable contributions.
    Let this great man's soul rest in peace.
    Kuldip Nayar was an impartial journalist and editor during his early days. He opposed emergency. Later he became Rajya Sabha Member and High Commissioner of India in Britain. While he was High Commissioner in Britain, India's Chief Justice Sabyasachi Mukherjee died in London. There was some controversy at that time. During his last 15 years of his life, he was not active.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

My homage to the great journalist of all times Kuldip Nayyar who was never embroiled in any controversial writing and yet gained much respect among all the parties. He was the one who stood firm during emergencies and the articles in those days were well covered by him.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Nation has lost an eminent journalist Kuldip Nayar. I have read most of articles during my good old days, but nothing I could recollect. May his good soul Rest in Peace.
    No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments