You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Dr. Kalaignar Karunanidhi not only a statesman but also a good familyman

Members,
    We all know much about Dr. Kalaignar M Karunanidhi as a politician, a writer, an orator and a poet. But he is also an excellent family man. Here is the family tree of that great man who is no more, but lives in our heart, especially in the hearts of the Tamils.

Dr. M Karuanidhi

Wives: Late Mrs. Padmavathi (1st wife) Dayalu Ammal (2nd wife) Rajathi Ammal(3rd wife)

Mr. MK Muthu -Only son of Padmavathi.
    Mr. MK Azhagiri - Mr. MK Stalin - Mr. MK Tamilarasu - Ms.Selvi - Children of Dayalu Ammal
    Ms. Kani Mozhi - Only daughter of Rajathi

Dr. Karunanidhi never failed in his life. He lived happily with name and fame, and departed from this world leaving his name and fame for generations to know.

@ I sincerely hope this family tree will help the ISCians to know him better with his family.
    What I understood from his great life that Kalaignar Karunanidhi was giving equal importance to all his wives and their children and thus he kept his flock together. But after his death there seems to be supremacy and leading the party issues and also how the wealth of the Kalaignar would be divided among all. But as of now Stalin is sure to lead the party and how Azhagiri is going to be silenced as he was asking power and also money share from the properties. Nevertheless, Kalaignar lead a contended life and making all the children happy and thus he has to complemented for that.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I don't know whether Shir Karunanidhi was a great statesman or not. He never thought about the entire nation-state. Some people say that he thought about his state, Tamilnadu. Many said he didn't bother about his own state also.

But there is no doubt that he was a great family man. He always thought about his wives, sons, daughter and even about his nephews, and worked very hard for their betterment.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

The information given is known to many. Karunanidhi is very famous in TamilPolitics. He brought his next generation fo politics. But I don'tknow Whether any of his family members are in cineworld. He is a good writer and he penned many stories for movies. I don't know whether any of his sons are doing the same. No doubt he is a well wisher of his family and friends.
    drrao
    always confident

Dr. Rao,
    Kalaignar's son MK Muthu born to Ms. Padmavathi acted in films as Hero. But could not rise up. Kalaignar's grandson Udayanidhi Stalin, S/o MK Stalin is a film Hero, and also a producer. He is a shining hero of Tamil films. Kalaignar's brother-in-law Chidambaram C Jayaraman was a reputed film playback singer.

No life without Sun

But how many politicians actually enter politics with an aim to do something for the country or the common man. Most of them enter politics because their family members are already in this business and therefore finds it an easy platform to enter.

We see too many common men dying for the politicians or the party but no politician ever died for the common men or for a just cause.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

Manish,
    Dr. Kalaignar did not enter politics directly. He made use of his pen and brain to achieve what he wanted. During his young age, he suffered lot. His dialogue writing ability and ability to deliver speech in pure Tamil helped him to join politics. He followed the principles of EVR Periyar and Arignar Anna the founder of DMK. Above all, destiny made him five time CM of Tamilnadu. His service to Tamil language is note worthy and praise worthy. He dedicated his whole life for the Tamil language. A leader will not die but lead the men to live. It is the cowards who die for their leaders. Karunanidhi was a strong fighter. Even before his burial in the Marina near Anna Samadhi, the party had to fight to get the land for his burial. They succeeded and emerged victorious in the fight against the ruling party who refused to allot the land for Dr Kalaignar's burial. Now he sleeps and rests peacefully near his mentor Anna.

No life without Sun

My view is little bit different. This popular leader may have done a lot for his family members and a little bit for the people of the state during his political career spanning over 60 years. Now let us give his memory some respite. Now let us discuss his next generation-Azhagiri and Stalin.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Partha,
    I am at home, and you are a person not seen my home. You may not be much aware of Karunanidhi, but I am fully aware of Dr. Kalaignar Karunanidhi. He cared his family as well as his state. That is the reason he could reign Tamilnadu for 5 terms. Yet, he could have become CM to complete his 6th term. But it was God's will that he was sent to rest in Marina. Though there is in-fight between the brothers, I am sure, they would settle and get under one umbrella to keep the DMK flag fly high.

No life without Sun

deleted
    I love chocolates and ice creams!

In India 99 percent of the politicians are corrupt. Even if they are clean and not corrupt, the public of India will make them corrupt as everyone wants to fulfill their desires, ambitions and goals through the politicians. Ms JJ was not corrupt, but the people around her were corrupt. Her minsters were also corrupt. The politicians make use of the opportunities to become rich in their life. Even an office clerk or peon would become corrupt for few thousands, and politicians for few crores.
    No life without Sun

No life without Sun

There have been many leaders in our country who kept their political ambitions up to the state level only and Dr Karunanidhi was one of them.

He was one of the most successful leader in that category and had a robust following.

The leaders who can connect with their people successfully are the real leaders and are remembered for a long time among the masses.

Knowledge is power.

By giving free hand to his ministers, Karunanidhi has allowed them to amass wealth and thus in the long run proved fatal to the party and leadership. Former Minister Raja was the great example.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments